Chapter 5

Silently walking behind my uncle, the anticipation of this talk drove me crazy. Would I be banished? Will I have to go back to that rank dungeon? I did, after all, break the ribs and jaw of one of his Hunters. However, the look on my face must have given away my thoughts because Uncle John turned to me and smiled.

"Relax, Princess," he said with a chuckle. He then stopped us at a large mahogany door and knocked.

"Come in." Although muffled, the Alpha's voice carried through the door and caused me to tense up again. Uncle John opened the door, and we entered to see Alpha Alexander sitting behind his desk with a woman sitting on his lap. She is small in stature with long brown hair; her brown eyes look longingly at him as she puts her arm around him.

"Please have a seat," she states as she stands up and motions to the two chairs in front of the desk. She gives us a wide smile as she sits back on his lap.

The Alpha looks at her lovingly and turns to look at us. "John, thanks for bringing her; I'm glad you two were able to be reacquainted. I..." The sound of a phone ringing interrupts his sentence. "Excuse me a second. " My uncle nods as the Alpha answers the phone and leaves the room.

I look at my uncle unknowingly as the lady I assume to be the Luna speaks up. "Welcome to the Night Howlers Pack. I'm Luna Melissa, and you already know our Beta". She smiles and nods to Uncle John. "I'm so sorry you had to go through all of this suffering to end up on our doorstep, and don't worry about Ronald. He will heal." She winked at me, and I released a massive breath once I realized that she was talking about the man I injured.

My relief was soon interrupted by the sound of the door closing again and Alpha Alexander entering the room. "John, that was a call from the Midnight Rain Pack, they are starting to experience some larger-than-normal rogue problems, and with the Blood Moon pack dismantled, they are asking us for some help." I want you and Emily here to accompany me to their pack so we can figure out what is causing these Rogues to act like this."

I was shocked. "Are you sure you would like me to go? I am not sure how much help I could be."

He looked at me and gave me a look of disapproval at my questioning his decision. "You are the most familiar with Blood Moon territory out of us all; you will be able to help us look around for any Rogue camps on that land. Besides, if your uncles' bragging is accurate, you are a good Tracker."

 I looked at my uncle and smirked.

"When will we be leaving?" Uncle John asked.

"We leave tomorrow at dawn." The Alpha turned to me and smiled. "Melissa will show you a room where you can shower and clean up before dinner."

I nodded and followed Luna Melissa out of the room down a long bright hallway into a guest room. I look upon this room with awe, a large room with a king-sized cherry bed in the middle. Upon the bed was a navy comforter with black pillows, and to the right was a matching cherry dresser with a large mirror, a hairbrush, and a few cosmetics. The left-hand side of the room contained two doors; one was the bathroom, and the other was the closet. Again, I look at Melissa in appreciation and thank her.

"Your bag is on the floor by your bed, and your uncle had us pick up a few things for you to wear since he wasn't sure what you brought. Feel free to take a shower and relax until dinner." She slowly left the room and quietly closed the door. I took a deep breath and realized I really, REALLY needed a shower. I went to my bag, grabbed some clean undergarments, and looked at the clothes in the closet. Picking out a pair of jeans, a white tank top, and a long-sleeved red and white checkered shirt, I placed them on the bed, walked into the bathroom, and turned on the shower. Stepping under the hot water was exhilarating, to say the least; I took a few minutes to allow the water to wash away the dirt and sweat that was plastered into my body. I then washed my hair and washed my body. Once I was finished, I turned off the shower and wrapped my body and hair in a towel. I then looked around to find a brand-new toothbrush and toothpaste on the sink. Giving a silent cheer, I opened them and brushed my teeth. Changing into the clothes I picked, I pulled my hair into a messy bun and left the bedroom to attend dinner.

I walked downstairs for dinner and saw everyone sitting at the table. Alpha Alexander sat at the head of the table with Luna Melissa on the right and Uncle John on his left. The table was filled with salads, chicken parmesan, and garlic bread. I sat at the table and fixed myself a plate, even though I didn't have much appetite. I picked at my chicken parm and listened intently to the conversation. The Midnight Rain pack has been experiencing large Rogue attacks, which are getting worse daily. The packs are still determining if it is coincidental or if a large Rogue pack is determined to take us all out. Starting to feel my eyes close, I excuse myself and head to my room to prepare for bed. As I lay down under the covers, I hear a knock on my door and see my Uncle John looking at me."

"I will be here to get you up early to leave. I know we aren't giving you much time to grieve, but this could be disastrous for the local packs if these Rogues are left unchecked." I agree and give him a slight smile. Once he leaves the room, I let sleep take me.