Chapter 21

The following day I roll over to find myself cuddling on a pillow. Matt must have gone downstairs already. The door opens as I lay there, trying to weigh the pros and cons of staying in this bed forever. Matt enters with two plates of waffles, bacon, hash browns, fresh fruit, and a large glass of Orange Juice.

"Well, you weren't supposed to be awake yet. Way to spoil the surprise," he says as he chuckles at me.

"I'm sorry. I can pretend if you want to do it again." I giggled.

"Nah, I'll let you slide this once." He rolled his eyes and sat the tray down on my lap. Thanking him for all the wonderful food, I also took my time eating and feeding him.

Once we finished eating, he placed the tray down and took me in his arms. We lay there for a while in silence.

"I think it's time for me to get up. I desperately need a shower."

He mock-sniffs me and holds his nose. "I'll get you something of mine to wear. We still have to meet Alpha Darius and check on the people you brought back from the cave."

I roll out of bed and pull down my hair. Walking into the bathroom, I run a scorching shower, grab the soap and a washcloth, and step in. The water burned on my wrists and ankles, but I didn't care. I wash my hair three times to get the sweat and dirt out and wash my body twice. Finally, the water turns cold, and I step out and wrap my hair in a towel. I dry myself off a then put on the sweatpants and T-shirt Matt left me. I find an unopened toothbrush and brush my teeth; I also find an unopened hairbrush and brush my hair. 'I need to thank Alpha Darius for the items he thought to keep here.'

Pulling my hair into a messy bun, I leave the bathroom and smile at Matt as he sits on the bed, texting. He finally looked up and smiled, "you ready to go?" He asked me. I nodded, and we left the room. Walking downstairs to the floor with the offices, I looked in awe at the decor. The marble floor accented the maroon curtains and cherry tables nicely, giving it an elegant and sophisticated look.

Matt knocks on the door to the Alpha office when a woman opens the door. She greets us and introduces herself as Luna Ty. This woman is the full definition of exotic beauty. She has flawless light brown skin, hair that flows to the middle of her back, and deep brown eyes. Yet, I can't help but be a little self-conscious in her presence.

Taking our suggested seats, I clear my throat. "Good Morning, Alpha Darius. I wanted to apologize for my behavior yesterday. I also wanted to thank you for all the help you have given me with those I brought with me from the caves."

He held up his hand at me. "You have nothing to apologize for. Rogue or not, they are still people, and they need help. I have reassigned Chase to another position, putting a more compassionate man on his previous post."

I thanked him again as he and Matt began discussing potential attacks. As they were discussing plans, I turned to Luna Ty and began to get a location for a shelter where those unable to fight would go. As we were discussing, a light knock on the door interrupted us.

"Alpha, may I enter?" Came a voice from the other side.

"Yes, please do, Leo," he looked at us once Leo came in with one of the Rogues that helped me escape and introduced Leo to us as his Beta. "How can we help you, gentlemen?" He asked them.

The Rogue almost melted into the door like he was expecting a punishment. But instead, I stood up and led him into the room, directing him to my seat. "What can we do for you, Jack?"

"Luna, I'm surprised you remember my name," he blushed. "I was talking to Mr. Leo because I wanted to warn you. Tull is looking to attack this pack within the next few days."

"Jack, would you know how many will be coming? Or why he's even looking to attack us?" Luna Ty asked, realizing he was less nervous with us than the men.

"Ma'am, I'm sorry, I don't know an exact number, but he's looking to build his army. He's got a grudge against some pack and is looking to settle it through fighting."

"Do you know when they will be here?" She asks.

"No, Ma'am, I'm sorry I can't help much with that. I just don't want to be a part of it and never did. But he has my mate," he explains as he looks down at his hands.

Remembering how Aiden and his sister came into captivity, I understood why Jack had helped me escape from the cave. Then, taking his hand in mine, his hand and I had minor flashes of a lady with red hair, blue eyes, and a pale complexion. "What's her name I asked?"

"Julie."

"We will keep an eye out for her. I'd like you to return to the group; we will devise a plan. Thank you, Jack, so much for this," I smiled gratefully at him, and he bowed and left the room.

Alpha Darius leaned back in his chair and put his hands behind his head. He looked at Leo and frowned. "We need to increase training and stock the shelter."

"Will do."

Matt looked at him, "I will check with Roberto and ensure our packs are training. We may be able to call Alpha Alexander at the Night Howlers Pack; maybe they can send us some help too."

We stand up and leave the room; as I close the door, Matt looks down at his phone. "Let's head downstairs and get some lunch."

We head downstairs and walk into the dining room. I hear a loud squeal and was wrapped into a tight hug, and I look up to see Maddy and Josh. "We are so glad you are safe," she said in relief. "We brought you some clothes and your bow and stuff."

"Thanks so much. Let's go sit." Maddy ran for the bathroom as we left the guys standing there and headed for the tables. Following her, I waited at the door until she came out.

"I think I got a stomach bug." She explains.

"Uh, are you sure? We usually don't get stomach bugs."

"I don't know what else it could be. I'm hoping it will pass, though." She says.

Matt, can you keep Josh busy for a few? I need to take Maddy somewhere.

Sure. Is everything ok?

If my hunch is correct, it's perfect. We aren't leaving the pack house.

After linking Matt, I grabbed her by the hand and walked her to the infirmary. A nurse walked up to us. "Can she please be seen and possibly given a pregnancy test?" I asked.

"No, I can't be pregnant!" She exclaimed, "there's too much going on right now."

I smirked at her, "well, if we waited for life to be boring, we'd never have pups. Besides, don't you want pups?"

"I never thought about it, honestly." She said.

A nurse soon appears with a plastic cup. "May we have a urine sample? Please sit in room 3 when you are done." Maddy takes the cup and walks away. Once she reappears, we sit in the room for a bit in silence. Then, finally, Madison sat in the bed, twitching her fingers nervously with a petrified look.

"What if he doesn't want pups?"

"You're kidding, right? Josh is one huge pup himself. So you have nothing to worry about!" I smiled reassuringly.

The nurse came back into the room a few minutes later. "Congratulation, Miss Horner, you are indeed pregnant! You will need to follow up with your doctor in about three weeks to check on progress, or if you are still here, we would be happy to do your checkup."

"Thank you," I said as the nurse left the room. Looking at Madison, she seemed almost excited by this point. "You ready to go talk to the big child?" I snickered.