Chapter 19

Waking up after my nap, I felt refreshed. I look around the room and realize I am alone; Matt is nowhere to be found. With nothing else to do, why not go for a run? I jump out of bed and grab a pair of leggings and a sports bra with a loose tank top. I slide on my running shoes and braid my hair into pigtails. Since we were constantly under threat of being attacked by Rogues, I decided to let someone know where I was.

Matt?

Yes, dear?

I'm going for a run. Is everything ok?

Josh and I are talking to Hedrick and Richard about your prisoner and dream. I'll fill you in after you get back.

Ok.

I made my way down the stairs and out the door; not seeing anything out of the ordinary, I took off in a light jog. With no destination in mind, I continued my run until I ended up at the location Richard had taken me during his run. I sat down and enjoyed the scenery when suddenly I felt extremely dizzy, which caused me to black out.

Opening my eyes, I was in the same spot. I'm unsure what is going on with me, but it needs to stop. This blacking out sucks," I think to myself. I stand up, dust myself off, and run back towards the pack house. When I get into view, I hear screaming, I look up, and there's a battle happening. I see Blood Mood and Midnight Rain warriors fighting against a never-ending rogue army. Running into the fray, I begin to fight a Rogue.

Suddenly, I wake up to the familiar scenery of the pond. I shook my head in surprise when I realized I must have fallen asleep. Then, concerned there may be an army headed to the pack house, I stand up and turn to head back.

Matt?

Yeah, dear?

I had another dream; they are headed...

Suddenly everything went dark.

As I tried to open my eyes, I couldn't focus due to the overwhelming pain in my head. Was I drugged? Knocked out? Finally, I open my eyes and find myself in a small cage with my hands and ankles bound in silver cuffs. The pain from those cuffs was excruciating, so I tried to remain still. I looked around the room, and there were other prisoners and a few Rogues.

Matt??

No answer on the mind link. Garnet may have better luck.

Garnet? Can you reach mate?

No answer. So wolfsbane can be added to the list of stuff I have been injected with. Since I'm stuck in this cage, I look around; the scenery and smells surrounding me tell me I am in a cave. This particular cavern houses 25 captives and at least 5 Rogue guards.

"Well, look who's up." One of the Rogues said, looking at my cage. "Good morning there, Luna. I hope you are enjoying our five-star resort." He snickered and kicked my cage hard enough to shake it, causing my hands to burn.

"Well, the accommodations are nice, but the workers are certainly lacking in the eye candy department." I roll my eyes at him.

He shoots me an evil look and kicks the cage again, causing me to gasp from the pain of the cuffs.

"Will you leave her alone Tull will be pissed if we hurt her!" Another Rogue said.

"Why exactly is that?" I asked.

"Why that's none of your damn business, you stuck up Bitch!" The first Rogue spat at me. He grabbed something and walked to the back of the cage. A sharp pain hit my head, and I blacked out again.

Waking up, I was in another field. These dreams are getting old. I muttered to myself. I look to the other side of the field, and that familiar white wolf is staring at me. Suddenly a bright light flashes, and a beautiful woman with a green dress and long flowing white hair approaches me.

"My child, I realize life looks bleak, but please don't lose hope. You are finally starting to come into your gift, and it will be needed now more than ever."

"What gift do you mean?"

"Your gift of foresight has strengthened and will reach its potential when you and your mate fully claim each other. So don't lose hope, and keep using your gift. Only by using it will you know all you are capable of."

I honestly could not think of any words, I was captive and unconscious in a cave, and this dream lady was telling me I have the power of foresight. "Uhhh... Thanks. Wait, what is your name?"

"Selene," she smiled at me, turned into a white light, and disappeared.

I looked in confusion at the spot where Selene had left me. Suddenly a white light surrounded me as I opened my eyes to reveal myself in the same cave with the Rogues. I turn and look to my right; there is a cage with a young boy. What could they possibly want with children?!

"Hello, I'm Emily. What's your name?" I asked him.

"Aiden."

"Nice to meet you. Can you tell me where you are from and why you are here?"

"I lived with my Mom and Dad in the woods; I got brought here by that bad man." He pointed at the Rogue, who kicked my cage as tears formed in his eyes.

"It's going to be all right," I told him, reaching for his hand. Suddenly flashes of a small shack in the forest.

A happy family of four eating dinner to the right of Aiden is a little girl around his age. Suddenly three Rogues break down the door. They knocked the man unconscious, grabbed Aiden and the little girl, and yelled at the sobbing woman. "You will come with us and follow our orders, or we will kill them!" The Rogue in the room carried Aiden and the little girl out.

Snapping back to reality, I look at Aiden. "Is your sister in here?" He nodded and pointed five cages over to a little girl sleeping in her cage. She is extremely skinny, probably starved by the Rogues. A bruise decorates her face, and I growl a little in hatred at these Rogues. It was then I decided that I needed to escape and get these wolves out with me. But how?