Chapter 17

Completely embarrassed, I muttered something about getting a doctor to check up on Matt. Then, leaving the room, I walked into the infirmary and explained to the nurse that he was awake. After she agreed to send in the doctor, I walked back into the room as Mom packed up my things.

A short time later, the doctor gave Matt a checkup. "Well, Alpha, your wolf is back, and you are healing wonderfully. You are free to go. Take it easy with no strenuous activity for a few days until you fully heal."

"Thanks, Doc; I will be sure to take it easy." He said as he shook the doctor's hand.

I mind-linked Josh to bring him clothes as Mom gave me an outfit to change into. Quickly changing and brushing my tangled hair, I threw it in a high ponytail. Once I left the bathroom, I saw Josh in the room, and Matt went to change.

"How's Madison?" I asked.

"She is doing better, she did what she had to do to save your life, and she understands that. However, now that the Alpha is awake, I think it's a good time to discuss what I have discussed with our pack members."

"Let us get him some lunch. Do you want to grab Maddy and meet us in the dining room?"

He nodded and left the room. A few minutes later, Matt came out and took my hand.

"Let's get you fed," I exclaimed. "Josh and Maddy will also join us to discuss a few things. Then I will introduce you to Alphas Hedrick and Beta Richard."

He nodded, and we made our way to the dining room. I requested some grilled cheese, tomato soup, and fruit from Omega, who was serving, and we sat at the table. As we waited, we were greeted by many Blood Moon warriors and pack members who were thrilled to see their Alpha awake and walking around. As we talked to them, Josh and Maddy eventually came up and had a seat.

After our food was dropped off at our table, I thanked the Omega, and we made our plates.

I looked at Matt. "I sent Josh on an assignment to talk to the pack members. I was unsure as to whether or not they wanted to go home or if they found a new home here. So, what did you find out, Josh?"

"The Blood Moon pack members agreed with their Alpha, and their Luna found they wanted to go home. A few have also found their mates, and they want to have them initiated into the pack. This also includes Madison." He says as he pulls her close.

Smiling, Matt grabs and squeezes my hand, "we can certainly do that. But we have a few things to accomplish. First, I will need to go home and assess the damage and see where we need to go. Second, I also need to do some shopping; I can't live off your clothes forever."

I looked at him. "First things first, let's go so I can introduce you to the Alpha and Beta; we will need their help rebuilding everything."

I stood up, took his hand, and led him to the second floor and the Alphas door. Knocking, I heard a muffled ENTER through the door. Stepping into the office, I see Richard and Hedrick looking over a map.

"Good afternoon, you two. I wanted to introduce you to Matthew Scott, Alpha of the Blood Moon pack."

Hedrick looks at him and holds out his hand. "Glad to see you are up and about. You had us worried."

"Thanks. I appreciate everything you have done for Blood Moon."

"Don't mention it. We are here to help. So what are the plans for Blood Moon?"

Matt looked at me. "Well, we are not one for wearing out our welcome, so we intend to rebuild. I will take a look and assess the damage and see if anything is salvageable. But I want to stay here with your permission until this Rogue issue gets settled."

"Of course, we could always use the extra warriors." Hedrick smiled.

"Thank you so much. I will leave you to your work. "He grabs my hand and leads me out of the room, heading back downstairs. "I need to go shopping; we can worry about everything else later."

"Sounds good to me," I mind-linked Mom and let her know where we were going.

No problem, Sweetie, I'll leave the keys in my car and the Betas credit card. So have fun and get what you need.

Thanks, Mom!

We climbed into the car, and I drove to the mall. We just blasted the radio the whole way there, singing along to the music. The drive was wonderful; we had no worries, no fears, just the ability to relax and enjoy each other. Once we got to the mall, he led me to store after store. I picked a few outfits myself; he had at least 30 bags of stuff.

"You shop like a girl," I smirked at him.

He rolled his eyes at me. "I have to dress pretty, too, you know." He batted his eyes at me, which caused me to laugh.

After we hit nearly every store in the mall, we decided to load up the car and get some dinner. We chose a little Italian restaurant and ordered our food. As we sat and waited, we talked about the future, when we would start building the new pack house, the new member initiation, and the Beta and Luna ceremonies.

After finishing our dinner, we ordered dessert and continued with our conversation. An hour later, we decided to head back to the Packhouse. I paid the bill and left a generous tip, and he led me out of the restaurant with his arm on my lower back. Once we got to the car, I went to open it.

"Emily, wait!" I heard.

He quickly pressed his lips against mine as I turned around to him. He pressed me against the car as he sucked on my lower lip, asking for entrance. Gladly giving it to him, I opened my mouth as he entered his tongue, and we fought for dominance. Finally pulling away to let me breathe, he kissed down my neck and nibbled my marking spot. Letting out a sensual moan, he moaned too.

"If you don't stop that, I will take you right now." He whispered in a husky, needy voice, which caused me to consider the idea.

I slowly pulled away, my cheeks flushed with embarrassment. "We better get back. Your Mom will send a search party soon if we aren't back." He said.

He opened the door for me. Giggling, I climbed in and buckled my seatbelt. He then got in and started the car. I felt creeped out as he pulled away, almost like I was being watched. I checked my surroundings and saw nothing.

The drive to the pack house was pretty uneventful; we returned, took our bags to our room, put our clothes away, and got ready for bed. Once I lay down and got comfortable, Matt lay beside me and pulled me into his arms. He kissed my head, and we fell into a deep sleep.