Chapter 11

"Emmy! You are alive"

He shrieks and pulled me in for a bear hug. As I hug him back a wave of relief washes over me. As we continued to hug in equal relief, neither of us was showing any signs of breaking apart, eventually, we heard a low growl come from behind us. Josh quickly broke the hug, turned to her to help her up, and pulled her into a hug. Placing a kiss on her forehead, he turned and faced me.

"Emily, this is Madison, my mate. Maddy, this is Emily my best friend."

"It's so nice to meet you! Please forgive me for being rude, but we need to leave here before their friends come looking for them." I said as I pointed to the dead Rogues for effect.

They both nodded in agreement and I grab my knife that was lodged in the Rogue's back and wipe off the blood.

"Will you accompany me back to the Midnight Rain Pack?"

"That sounds like a wonderful idea," Madison said as she looked at Josh. We said nothing to each other as we walked cramming our senses to keep alert for any potential danger. Five hours into our walk, daylight is quickly swallowed by night as dusk approached. Finally, the pack house came into view. I stepped into the yard and was almost tackled by my mother.

"Where the hell did you go? Have you lost your mind? You could have been killed!"

"I'm sorry Mom, I went home, I just needed time to think and I couldn't break down here, besides I picked up a hitchhiker," I smirk as I point to Josh.

"Joshua Massey! You are alive!" Mom rushes to him and pulls him in a hug; he pulls away and introduces her to Madison. "Where's the Beta?" Josh asked looking around as Mom began to cry again.

"Dad... Dad didn't make it." I state as I looked at my hands. Mom was pulled into a consoling hug by Madison.

"I'll be ok." Mom said as she smiled at us "How about we go in so you can catch up and I'll get someone to make you all dinner."

We all agreed and walked into the dining room as mom went to the kitchen to ask someone to help make dinner for us. Once we all sat down the room was filled with an awkward silence as we were trying to pick a topic. Finally, I clear my throat and look at Josh.

"So how did you find your mate?"

Josh and Maddy looked at each other and smiled and both looked back at me.

"We met each other at Matthews's party before everything went down."

"Are you from a local pack Madison?"

She looked at her hands and shifted uncomfortably "No, I'm not, I'm actually from the Morning Dew pack in New York. I came here to join the party with my college boyfriend."

"Matthew," I muttered.

"How did you know?"

"He is my mate." I laugh in defeat "We disagreed with the party because he showed up with you, and since he was just going to ignore the bond I left. When I made my way back to the party the Rogues were attacking."

"Is he here?" Maddison asked.

"He's missing," I replied and looked down at my hands.

"Oh no!" Madison looks at Josh in a panic and he wrapped her in a hug.

Mom brought out our lasagna dinner, a salad, and garlic bread. She sat down next to me and insist we eat. We ate our dinner in silence, finally, Beta Richard walked in.

"Emily, the follow-up meeting is tomorrow morning, you may want to go get some sleep, as you have had a very long day."

"I will Richard; do we have a room for my best friend and his mate Madison?"

"Of course Luna." Richard smiled at me and nodded, his eyes clouded over as began to mind link. A few minutes later a petite girl walked into the room smiling at the Beta.

"Can you show the Luna's guests to their room and please help them find some clothes and necessities for a shower?"

She bowed at Richard and beckoned for Josh and Madison to follow her. Josh stopped in front of me and gave me a huge hug.

"We will be here if you need us. Call on us for anything. Good night Luna." He smirked and walked over to Madison taking her hand.

"Good night everyone, it was so nice meeting you all," Madison said with a smile.

They leave the room and throw down my napkin and leave the room. Slowly, I walk up the staircase to my room. Plop on the bed, I kick my flip-flops off and instantly fall asleep.