Chapter 9

Unsure as to where my feet were taking me, I manage to find my way into the front yard of the pack house. I stopped and stood there and watch the forest when I hear someone walk up behind me. I turn to see Richard standing there.

"You ok?" The concern was evident in his eyes.

"Overwhelmed and petrified more than anything." I threw out an exasperated laugh. "It's not every day you find your father dying, your mate missing, and you get promoted to Luna and Beta. I have no idea how I'll be able to handle this."

"Let's go for a run, I'm pretty sure your wolf would love to blow off some steam too."

I nod and walk to the edge of the woods. Slipping behind a tree I remove my clothing and place it underneath the tree trunk. Shifting into Garnet, I realize how much she needed out. I walk around the tree to meet Richards's brown and white wolf, staring at me with curiosity evident in his grey eyes. I quickly broke eye contact and took off running through the woods. We prance and chase each other for 30 minutes; finally, we took a break at a pond. We both found clothes behind a tree and shifted back. I found him sitting on the outskirts of the pond lost in thought.

"Penny for your thoughts," I said as I sat down next to him.

It took a while for him to collect his thoughts "I'm just trying to understand what the Rogues have to accomplish by attacking us, and how they can organize as well as they are. They are, after all, Rogues; and Rogues are not known for their willingness to listen to authority in most cases."

I nodded in agreement. "They had no reason to attack Blood Moon, if anything we are the most lenient pack on accepting Rogues and letting them join. I can't imagine we did anything to any Rogue to lead to this."

"Who knows, maybe we can figure something out as we check the spots you marked off on the map. It's the closest thing we have to an idea at this point and maybe it will work out in our favor."

Nodding my head in agreement, my memory went back to my dream and one line kept replaying in my mind over and over again.

I am the most powerful Rogue known to man and I will take over all the packs! Soon they will all be under the control of Gabriel Tull!

Getting a bad feeling I turned around and looked at Richard, "This is going to sound crazy but have you ever heard the name, Gabriel Tull?"

"That was the most random question I could have imagined coming from you" He laughed. "But to answer your question, I have heard of him, what brought him up?" He asks as he stares at me with concern.

"This may sound strange, but the name came to me in a dream. I'm not crazy I just may have overheard it when I was falling unconscious or maybe I didn't." I replied feeling extremely embarrassed and stupid, not even knowing why I asked the question by this point.

"Tull is an old pack member with some history here; I think Alpha Hedrick would be better off explaining his story. If your dream is real and he is involved it would explain quite a bit." He stood up and grabbed my hand. "Let's head back to the pack house and we can talk to him."

As we walked back to the pack house lost in our thoughts, not a word was spoken between us. Before I even realize it, we were in the hallway leading to the Alphas office. Richard knocks and we were greeted with an "Enter." Alpha Hedrick smiled at us and motioned us to take a seat.

"Thanks for seeing us Hedrick; Emily has a question for you." Richard then smiled at me and motioned me to ask my question.

I took the time to explain the events of my dream and described what the Rogue looked like. I finished up with his last statement:

"I am the most powerful Rogue known to man and I will take over all the packs! Soon they will all be under the control of Gabriel Tull!  This statement may not mean anything, but I can't help but consider it a bad omen. So if you don't mind my asking who is Gabriel Tull?" I plead with him, in hopes he could give me the answers I seek.

Looking at me quizzically, he took a deep breath and started to explain. "Gabriel Tull was our former Beta before Richard. He was known for his cold-hearted and aggressive ways toward other pack members. He was very ambitious and often uses the tactics of fear and aggression to get what he wanted. However, the pack members were too afraid to bring it to my attention. One day he beat an Omega to the point of almost killing him, and so I decided to banish him."

"Do you think he could be behind this?"

The Alpha reclined back in his chair and looked at the ceiling. Thought was evident in his eyes and he shrugged his shoulders. "I honestly don't know, his ability to rule through fear is a great motivator to keep the Rogues together as a pack. But if we ask ourselves why he would do it, I can't think of one single reason."

I nodded my head. This information may or may not be relevant, so I shelved it in my mind for later on. I let out a huge yawn, excused myself, and walk up to my room. I take a quick shower, put on my pajamas, and curl into my bed for restless sleep.