Chapter 12

My eyes open suddenly; I jump up and look around. The room was extremely familiar and I realize I am back in my old room. Slowly climbing out of bed, I start to walk down the stairs. Once I enter my living room, I see a white wolf by the front door. She was a beautiful wolf with golden eyes that seemed like they were peering into the depths of my soul. The wolf didn't move, didn't growl, she just stared at me. Eventually, she breaks eye contact with me then the wolf left the house.

"I guess I'm supposed to follow you," I mutter as I walk towards the door.

I took a left and continued to walk behind the wolf, looking around I recognized the clearing as the spot where I found Josh and Maddy. As the wolf continues to walk through the clearing, I start to smell the most amazing scent of cherries and vanilla. I continue to follow the wolf until the silence was broken

Emily... Emily... Wake up!

I jump up to see Uncle John at the corner of my bed, It was just a dream. I roll my eyes and jump out of bed.

"I'm up, I'm up!" I look at my uncle and smile at him groggily.

"The meeting will be in an hour, hurry up and shower, and get dressed."

I gave him a fake salute and went to my closet as he rolled his eyes and left the room. Since I was representing Blood Moon as their Luna, so I had to dress sophisticated and respectably. Picking out a pair of black slacks, a red button-down shirt, a black tank top, and black flats I grabbed some undergarments and went into the bathroom to shower. I quickly shampoo my hair and wash with my favorite body wash and step out drying myself off. Placing a robe on, I immediately get to work blow-drying my long black and red hair and putting it in a tight bun. I apply some light makeup and get myself dressed and head to the Alphas office.

Once I reached the door, I knocked quietly and wait until I am let in by Richard. I give him a smile and take my seat as I stare at the original map and the locations I marked off. Realizing the locations I marked were on the other side of the area I dreamt about, I quickly marked off the location in my dream as well. The meeting began and ended quickly as Hedrick assigned the five original locations to four other packs and Midnight Rain. I offered to take the sixth location on behalf of Blood Moon. After a lengthy argument and concern for my well-being, since I am the last remaining member of rank in Blood Moon, we finally compromised. Our compromise led to me having to take Uncle John, Richard, Josh, and Roberto with me, only then would Alexander and Hedrick stop denying my request and allow me to go.

After the other Alphas and Betas left the room to begin preparations for their own search, I called my group into the Alpha's office. Explaining the location we are going to and what we are looking for, Josh stared at me with a confused expression.

"Why did you select this location? There isn't anything really in the area but woods."

"Would you believe me if I said I had a dream?" I give him a half smile and then turn to Roberto. "Is Lucas doing well?"

Roberto nodded in appreciation. "I never got a chance to thank you for finding him. I will forever be in your debt, I lost my mate during this attack and I thought I lost him too." Fighting tears in his eyes he hugged me.

"You owe me nothing, just take care of him; he is one special little man." I winked at him and he smiled back.

Directing the party back to the map, we began to work out a plan. We wanted to arrive at Blood Moon by dusk, this would give us the night to spread out and explore the territory with the hope that most of the Rogues were asleep. We all agree and decide that we needed to leave soon, and we should pack up our stuff and meet in the front yard of the pack house in 30 minutes. Heading to my room, I grabbed my standard tracking outfit a pair of black hiking boots, and my daggers. Stuffing them all into a bag, I decided to leave my bow. I took one last look for anything I may need and left the room to meet the men out front.

We decided the quickest way was to shift, so I slipped behind a tree and removed my clothes, and shifted into Garnet. Taking my discarded clothes in my mouth, I placed them on the ground in front of my mom.

"Please be careful, I can't lose you too," she mind links me as she strokes my fur.

I gave her a reassuring huff to let her know I understand and would be careful. I carefully place my bag in my mouth and run into the forest.