Chapter 6

I woke up to the sounds of screaming and metal hitting metal. I immediately jumped to my feet and realized I was still at Blood Moon. I sprinted for the backyard where the party was held and I saw Josh fighting a Rogue. Pure terror gripped my heart as I saw the Rogue punch him hard and snap his neck and release his lifeless. I screamed as loud as I could in sheer terror as I saw the last bit of life fade from my best friend's eyes. I looked to the right as the tears started filling my eyes to see my mother laying on the ground and a dagger in her heart. Crying harder I hear my father yelling at a Rogue as they continue to fight. The Rogue has tan skin and black hair; his black eyes show nothing but hatred for everything around him, as he focuses on my father. I hurriedly begin to run in that direction but am stopped in my tracks as I hear a loud BANG and my father slowly falls to his knees clutching his chest.

Hatred fills me as I glare at the Rogue with the intention of killing this man where he stands. I shift into Garnet and charge at him, he casually looks in my direction and then laughs as he shifts to his brown and white wolf. Garnet manages to land right in front of him and they began the dance of battle. Swiping her paw at him he easily dodges by rolling forward with his roll stopping to put him on his hind legs. There he takes one of my paws into his mouth and takes a firm bite. Garnet yelps in pain as the blood begins to flow out of her back leg. The Rogue uses this to his advantage as he begins to hurriedly wipe his paws at my face leaving gashes all along my face and neck. Unable to take any more of his attacks due to the overwhelming blood loss, I force myself to shift back and lay on the ground as I continue to bleed out. As the darkness starts to consume me I hear that evil laugh again, he must have shifted back as well.

"Did you honestly think you were a match for me? I killed your family, I killed your friends, and I killed your mate! He said grinning "I am the most powerful Rogue known to man and I will take over all the packs! Soon they will all be under the control of Gabriel Tull!" He laughs again as he bends down and places his hands on my head. I hear the loud SNAP of my neck as the darkness takes me.

I wake up screaming as I look around the pitch-black room with tears coming out of my eyes. The familiar sight of the room that I fell asleep in relaxes me as I realize that I am still at my Uncle John's Pack. It was a horrible dream I realize as I continue to let the tears fall. Once I take the time to regain my composure, I look at the clock which shows 3:30 am. I knew that after that I wasn't going to be able to fall back to sleep, so I decided to go sit outside for a while. In order to avoid waking anyone else up, I silently crept to the front door and stepped outside onto a large porch. There, I sit down on the nearby swing that hung from the ceiling, I began to look at the full moon, and the images of the nightmare kept replaying in my head. "Is Gabriel Tull real?" I thought out loud as I pulled my legs to my body providing myself some comfort.

"What are you doing out here?" I hear my uncle steps down on the porch.

"I just needed some fresh air," I reply as he sits down next to me and puts his arm around me. We spent the time just staring at the moon neither of us saying a word.

"Do you think we could head back to Blood Moon and look for survivors before we go to the Midnight Rain Pack? I ask as I continue to look at the stars.

"I will check with Alexander; I think it's a wonderful idea. We will be leaving in a few hours you may want to get ready and make sure you pack all of your clothes; I have no clue how long we will be there." He kissed the top of my head and began making his way back into the house. Taking a deep breath, I stood up and made my way back to my room to pack up the new items my uncle got me and prepare for a quick shower to start the morning.

I selected a simple outfit of a pair of black leggings and a red T-shirt with a pair of flip-flops, I pulled my hair into a messy bun, grabbed my bag, and proceeded downstairs. I grab a cup of coffee with vanilla creamer and two slices of peanut butter toast. "We are ready to leave" Uncle John stated as he grabs my bag. I proceed to head outside to the black Cadillac Escalade he placed my bag in and sit down in the back seat. I buckle my seat belt as Alpha Alexander starts the car and we begin our fateful journey.