Chapter 27

Waking up from one of the most wonderful nights of sleep was depressing, but I had a lot to do today. I looked at Matt's side of the bed, and he was gone. I looked at the clock; it was 7 am. What time does he get up at three? I think to myself. I get out of bed, dress, and pack up our things; I do a final once-over of the room to ensure nothing is left.

Once satisfied, I packed all of our stuff and carried our bags down the stairs and to the porch. Placing them on the porch, I go back into the kitchen and get some toast and coffee. I sat on the island eating my food, trying to stay out of the way.

As I continue drinking my coffee, the stool next to me was pulled out, and my uncle sat in its place.

"Are you all heading back to Blood Moon today?

"Yeah, we need to start getting the pack house rebuilt, and ceremonies planned," I said.

"If you need anything, feel free to call Alexander or me. We will help you in any way we can. I'm very proud of the woman you have become, and I'm sure your dad is as well."

I pulled him into a hug. "I love you, and thank you so much for everything." I pulled away, we both stood up, and he walked me outside. He gave me one more hug as Alexander and Matt walked up. Shaking Matt's hand and mine, Alexander turned and walked to the car with my uncle.

Matt put his arm around my shoulder and kissed my temple. "Roberto and the gang have already left for Blood Moon." We will leave after saying something to Alpha Darius."

We walked over to the Alpha and Luna. As Matt spoke with the Alpha, Ty pulled me aside. "I wanted to give you this. It's my phone number if you need anything at all call me. No question is too dumb, and no complaint is too petty."

"Thank you." I nodded in appreciation as I took her number.

"For being so young, you are doing a great job; please call me if you need anything."

"Thank you so much, Ty." I hugged her and shook Darius's hand as he handed me a map of the areas with red circles. "Thank you so much for this!" Matt and I then walked to his car.

It was a brand new Mustang Convertible navy blue with black racing stripes and leather interior. This car was seriously drool-worthy.

"So, where did the sexy wheels come from?"

"Well, the car was a birthday present from my parents. Your parents were in cahoots with them since it was hidden at your house. Your Mom mentioned it when I told her I was heading here." He smiled at me.

"Well, had I known, I wouldn't have walked to Uncle John's pack," I smirked and turned on the radio.

The ride back was silent. We were lost in our thoughts and feelings about how much work we had ahead of us.

"We will need to handle the residential housing first. If we need to build more to accommodate the new pack members, that will need to be done first. Then the pack house."

"We have Maddy working on seeing what housing we need, and the local pack members will help. So relax. You will have plenty to stress about when we get back."

Acknowledging the truth of his statement, I leaned my chair back and looked out the window, eventually closing my eyes and falling asleep.

A few hours later, I was awoken by a kiss on my temple, and Matt said we are back. Opening my eyes, I look around to see my old house. Slowly stepping out of the car, many emotions ran through me. "I never thought I'd be back to living here again," I whispered.

"Well, if you want to, we can find an empty house and stay there. We will eventually move into the pack house once the construction is completed, though." He said while pulling me in for a hug.

"No, I will be ok. However, Mom may want some company."

"Oh, about that he said. Em, you may want to call your Mom. I assume she hasn't had time to tell you.

"Tell me what?" I raised my eyebrows in curiosity.

*Cough* 'your mom found her second chance, mate.' *cough*

He said quickly as he turned away.

"WHAT!" My eyes got big. "Who?? How could she not tell me?" I was fuming. She could have told me instead of yelling at me for thirty minutes after I came home.

Matt swallowed me in a hug and kissed me passionately. He asked, "Do you want your mom to be happy?" He asked

"Yes"

"Then be happy for her; as for who, I'll let you call her. Let's go in, and you can sit down and call her."

We grabbed our stuff and entered the house, we placed our bags in my room, and he kissed me and said he was going to the future pack house location to find Josh. I decided to see my mother.

I'm borrowing your car. Going to see my Mom

Have fun, dear, and be careful!

The drive was peaceful. I had plenty of time to realize Dad was gone, and Mom deserved to be happy too. Pulling into Midnight Rain, I walk only to the pack house to see my Mom in the middle of a make-out session with Alpha Hedrick.

"Woah, should I come back?" I snickered

Quickly pulling apart, they both uncomfortably looked at me. "Emily! We weren't expecting you." Mom said as she tried to smooth down her shirt.

"Well, it's not every day I hear my Mom found her second chance, mate. Especially since she never told me," I stared at them both.

My Mom sighed. "Dear, can you give us some time alone, please?" The Alpha smiled at her, kissed her head, and nodded. Then, looking at me, he smiled and left the room.

Sitting on the couch, I watched Mom as she racked her brains for the words. "Emily, I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I wanted to tell you face to face. Hedrick and I just happened. We realized it one day as I entered his office while they were looking for you. Does it mean I will forget your father? Never, just as it means he will never forget his first mate."

"Mom, I'm not upset with you at all. I wish you had told me sooner. He's a great guy, and you both deserve happiness."

She hugged me. "Thank you."

"No worries, Mom, you can make it up to me with a sibling." I winked at her and hugged her again.

After visiting them for close to an hour, I finally decided to drive back. I packed Matt's and my remaining things and loaded them in the trunk. Then, after giving them both a hug and threatening Hedrick's life if he hurt my mother, I hopped in Matt's car and left.

After an uneventful drive home, I pulled into my driveway and walked into Matt, watching TV. First, I curled up next to him and relaxed with my head on his lap. Then, as he wrapped his arms around me, I relaxed and watched Die Hard.

"How'd the talk go? He asked.

"The Luna and I got it out in the open." I smiled. "I told her she had to make it up to me with a sibling."

He laughed and began drawing little circles on my back with his fingers. Relaxing, I decided to break the news to him now. "Tomorrow, I'm going to take a few men and start cleaning out the caves marked off on the map Darius gave us."

"I don't like it, so I will be going with you."

"Aren't you needed here?"

"Josh has things under control here."

I accepted and continued watching the movie with him.