Chapter 26

Looking up at the sky and the clouds, I took a deep breath. Then, hearing growling behind me, I see Matt's wolf, Onyx running towards me. Once he reached me, I sat on my knees and started stroking his black fur while his red eyes stared at me with a worried expression.

"I guess you saw that vision, too, huh?" Hearing a growl for a response, I sat down and laid into him, petting his head. "I honestly had no idea I had someone following me that long. Is it only him, or are more watching me?!" I am unsure what the cause was, but I finally broke into tears holding Onyx. Matt tried soothing me through mind link but mainly letting me get my emotions out. Once I finally got myself under control, I wiped my eyes, looked at Onyx, and gave him a half smile.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to unload on you.

You have no reason to apologize, Em; we will get through this. Want to run with me, give you a chance to get away?

I nodded in agreement, I needed to get away for a few, and it's been a while since Garnet had been let out. I walked behind a tree and removed my clothes, and shifted. Walking over to Onyx, he began to walk toward the lake. As our wolves walked side by side, enjoying each other's company, we both took the time to relax. Once we got to the lake, Matt shifted back, grabbed some shorts, and tossed me a shirt. Shifting back and putting the shirt on, we dipped our feet in the lake and held each other.

"How did the Alpha meeting go?"

"It was honestly still happening when I left. I linked Roberto to let them know what's going on. They can interrogate the Rogue. But we have successfully established treaties with all seven packs in attendance."

"That's great news! Any idea how the reconstruction is going?"

"I spoke to Josh; they finally cleaned the mess up and ordered the materials. Hopefully, they can get started next week. With enough help, it shouldn't take long at all."

"That's awesome! We have the ceremonies to plan, and we may also be picking up some new members. We may need to expand residential housing too."

"We will take care of it. Shouldn't you be relaxing?"

He said as he pulled me closer, lightly stroking my neck with his fingers. Once he grazed my mark, I let out a sensual moan. Then, grabbing his arms and pulling him towards me, we slowly fell to the ground and made love until it darkened.

Once the darkness settled around us, we grabbed my clothes and returned to the pack house. Once we reached the front porch, we were immediately stopped by Roberto.

"Alpha, Luna, I have a count for the number of Rogues coming back with us." It looks like 135 will be coming to Blood Moon."

We looked at each other. That were a lot of new members. "Thanks, Roberto. Prepare for them to leave tomorrow, they need rides to Blood Moon, and we can set up rooms for them in our guest house. It's going to be easier to get this stuff done from home instead of Midnight Rain."

"Yes, Alpha," he walked away to get started on his preparations.

We walk into the pack house. "Alpha, Luna, can I see you for a moment." We turn to see Alpha Darius.

"Of course, we will be up to your office as soon as we make ourselves a little more presentable," I replied, smirking and pointing at our attire. We hurry to our room, where I quickly toss on a pair of sweatpants, and he throws on a shirt, and we make haste to the Alphas office. Once we arrived, the door was open. Alpha Hedrick and Luna Ty were speaking between themselves when we entered.

"Luna Ty, you are home! I'm so glad to see you." I said, offering her a handshake.

"Thank you, dear! Please call me Ty!" She said, taking my hand and giving me a graceful smile.

We take our seats when Darius comes back into the room. "I wanted to bring a few things to your attention." While you were away, we interrogated that Rogue you had locked up. We have learned that both of your packs are under the greatest threat." He said as he looked at Alpha Hedrick and Matt. "Hedrick, you two have bad blood, and he wants to settle that, but his current obsession is the Luna of Blood Moon." He gave me a sad smile as Matt gripped my hand. "Rumor has spread about your ability to see visions of the future, and he's obsessed with using that power for himself. Unfortunately, we could not get details from him about what Tull has planned next, but we did get more locations on caves that are housing family members of the Rogues we are currently housing."

"Thank you. I would love those locations to free these people before they starve." I said as we stood up to leave the meeting.

"I will have them for you before you leave tomorrow. So please take the evening to relax. You have enough to worry about right now."

"Thank you, Alpha," Matt said, shaking his hand.

"Will you be returning to a Midnight Rain tomorrow?" Hedrick asked.

"Unfortunately, with 140 new pack members, we need to go to Blood Moon to work on construction. I will send it to my pack members. Thank you so much for housing us as long as you did."

"It was my pleasure. We will keep in touch. Our survival depends on it." He said while looking me in the eye.

"Thank you. Good night everyone," I said, leaving the room.

Going to our room, I shut the door, and he put his arms around me. He didn't move. He just held me as he kissed my head. "Let's get a shower and then get some sleep." He said as he led me into the bathroom and started the shower. As we stepped in the shower, we melted into each other's arms and made love until the water went cold. Once we got out, we put on our pajamas and slept.