Chapter Six | IWHLMB

ᴍᴀᴛᴜʀᴇ

4 years ago

4 years ago

"You really think I should be here?" He placed his hand behind my back as he nods "it's a poker game, I have no poker face. In fact I don't even know how to play the game" I think my chances of being good at poker are slim to none, not that I'm not up for a challenge. But more so I know this is one I will not win.

"You won't be playing, in fact I need a good luck charm. Lucky for me, it looks good in red" I glared him "mmm so you use me for distraction?" We follow the crowd of couples in lengthy dresses and suits.

The house we entered was modern with Parisian elements. We filled a room filled with a table laced with green carpets, cards and chips. We were approached by a bulky man with sunglasses looking like he wanted to kill one of us.

"Names?"

"Pierre and Elena Donahue?" He scanned his tablet and nodded letting us continue in.

"If only you could do a French accent, then maybe you'd get lucky tonight" I whispered.

"Don't tempt me" his hand moved from my back to my ass squeezing it lightly as we continued forward to a table of men in black tie dealing away. We sit down as they all gaze at me.

"Princess who invited you to the party"

"Call me princess again and you'll lose a few fingers" he smirked at me "feisty eh? Pierre your wife must play now to" I looked at him unsure.

"No exceptions made, plus you have double the shot at winning" they snickered as I simply just nodded at him "deal"

"Mrs.Donahue I hope you understand that, this ain't no go fish?" The man who looked to be about almost 80 years old mocked me as I sat.

"I assure you sir, I don't" the cards were dealt and I was given my hand.

As the game went by I wasn't losing like the others but I wasn't at the top either. Not until my hand grew and I displayed my worried eyes "fold"

We all folded as all eyes turned to me "Hate the game not the player boys" I collected the chips gracefully "You make me look like a rookie Elena" he whispered.

"I used to watch my fathers games as a child, wasn't supposed to but I did secretly" his hand traveled down my thighs teasing my underwear as I grabbed it "no distractions Pierre, we must play"

That night I won enough money to pay off some of my student loans and a love a poker. He took my hand leading me down steps to an oak room. A pool table displayed as he locked the door behind us "Are you trying to beat me at pool?"