Chapter 30 | Sorry I'm late to dinner

The car drive back to the city felt like the longest ride of my life

The car drive back to the city felt like the longest ride of my life. Dr.Yui didn't let me go so easily, after my physical she wanted me to rest more and re-assess later.

Finally, when the time came at 4 in the evening she let me go. Lucas was driving like a madman, I've never seen anyone with more road rage.

"Fucking ass hole!" He flipped off the dude who cut us off almost slamming right into us.

"What a bastard" he beeped the horn causing other people to look at us in traffic.

"This is not the place to make enemies Lucas" He focused back on the road and made his way onto Boylston "I always wanted to go to Emerson College" he pointed to it "You know I used to write plays?"

"I believe it" he chuckled and then slammed on the brakes as a pedestrian ran across the road.

"It's like you want these stitches to rip?"

"I'd rather your stitches be ripped than a pedestrian be ripped" he pulled around the common and made his way towards Franklin.

"Why are we going towards downtown crossing?"

"You said you wanted to see Theo" I glanced at myself up and down "If he cares about what you look like after defeating death, he's not worth your time hon" he stops the car and as I look out to see the Millennium tower I'm not surprised.

I knew he was wealthy but knowing the job as Amartolós on top of his corporate he had an unthinkable amount of money.

"Which apartment?"

"Penthouse hon, Isaac's guys- technically my guys are guarding the door keeping him from getting you. Trust me I've been told in the past twenty-four hours. He's attempted twenty escape routes, just to go get your body. He even shot at Arthur!"

"Oh poor Arthur" he hands me a key and unlocks the doors to the SUV and I exit the car.

But before he pulls away I turn back "Lucas"

"Yes Hope"

"Thank you" I wasn't one to cry in front of Lucas, I didn't get sentimental with him. Only when things got real, and this was one of those moments.

"Well we can't have Joely be raised by a man who thinks protein shakes are a proper breakfast now can we?"

"I think Pop-Tarts are a proper breakfast Lucas" he plugs his ears shaking his head.

"You didn't say that to me... and don't thank me, your family and family doe's anything for each other" he smiles at me and then pulls away.

I turn to the skyscraper ahead of me and take a step towards it. I didn't know what the future held, but I knew I wanted him to be in it.

If he wanted to be.

—————————————————