Epilogue

2 months later

2 months later

I shift in the bed slowly and as I reach for him, I notice his presence is missing. My eyes slowly open to his empty side of the bed leaving me confused.

He never said anything about going anywhere tonight. But as I turn to my bedside he was next to it staring at me "You're weird as fuck."

As I leaned over my heart raced. A seashell is in his hand, one that you'd be able to notice out of thousands "What are you doing?" I whisper.

"I'm so tired, this is not even funny if you're joking with me right now."

"I just.... couldn't wait" He was down on one knee beside the bed staring at me. I never expected some big fussy proposal, and this, right here. This was the most perfect proposal I could imagine.

"I feel like we've been pulled apart and thrown together so much. But no matter what happens, I've always known one thing. I want to spend the rest of my life with you Hope" He shakes the ring out from the shell.

It was gorgeous a twelve-karat oval ceylon sapphire set in white gold and was surrounded by small solitaire diamonds. I was almost speechless at how perfect it was.

"Hope Mary Ellen Taylor, will you marry me?" I stared at him speechless and in awe of it all. I felt the burning sensation in my eyes as I stared into his. I didn't even realize how long I'd been staring at him.

"Any thoughts on an answer? Yes, No, get out of my life loser?" I laughed as he spoke nodding my head.

"I think I'll go for yes" He slipped the ring onto my finger fitting perfectly. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he lifted me.

"It's about time" I whisper. He rolls his eyes at me and then our lips connect in the most satisfying way. I let the kiss consume me fully allowing myself to sink into it.

"I love you" He cuts in between and continues to devour my lips. He remained standing beside the bed as the stars remained outside.

"I love you more" I smile between his lips as I speak.

"I love you most" he replies.

"Not a chance"

———————————————

3 months later

"I swear to god I am going to murder your caterer, they set up the food completely wrong! God what idiots!" Maria comes in frustrated, she throws the clipboard onto the couch as I laugh.

But then she stops, she stares at me in my white dress. Like a proud mom on her daughter's wedding day, "She looks, I can't even describe your beauty" The words leave Bella's mouth as she comes behind Maria.

"She looks hella Devine, that's how she looks" I turn to Lucas who sits against the bay window looking out over the venue, over the ocean.