Chapter 32 | Aftercare

His phone rings

His phone rings... and rings... and rings... and finally he moves his face away from the pillow and picks it up.

"Hello?" He sighs into the phone sleepily and I watch as he becomes more alert as the conversation continues. I knew exactly who was calling him, and I couldn't hide the grin on my face.

"I'll have to get back to you with Miss Taylor's schedule" he glared at me "Yes she's a pretty busy person.... yes that's exactly why she has me."

"Okay goodbye now" he ends the call and sits up from the couch looking over to me at my desk.

"So I'm your assistant now?" Recently I've been giving the guys who've asked for my number my 'assistants' number, as in Theo.

"Would you rather have me give them my actual number?" He glared at me shaking his head sinking back into the couch.

"That's what I thought" He gets up from the couch and comes behind the desk to me. His arms wrap around my body lazily from behind my chair.

"How much longer?"

"I missed three weeks of work, I know Lucas understands but Mr.Reign. That's another story, we can go get her..." I glance at the clock "Now" he grabs my briefcase and hands me my coat.

"February bites, it's a cold time of year" He helps me into my coat and intertwines his hands with mine as we step out of my office.

He puts the car in park and gets out meeting me on the other side as we make our way towards the daycare. I never felt like other parents eyes were on me but the past few times, I knew they were. Because Theo was with me, even Maya talked to me about it.

As we entered Theo sneaks over to her cubby grabbing her stuff as I walk over to get her. She was currently using a coloring book and I could already see the colorful marker stains on her clothes. That will be fun trying to get out later.

"Joel's you ready to go?" She looked over at me and just as she was about to nod she looked past me with excitement.

"Daddy!" She ran into his arms and he picked her up swiftly lifting her into his arms. She's recently been calling Theo dad, it was easy for her to grow an attachment to him. It made things feel more permanent as she let him in so easily.

We had a talk one night as we joined her tea party. In which we discussed who Theo was, I'd never seen her more excited. She's slowly become a daddy's girl and I can't even hate it.

"Hi princess" he says to her.

I waved to Amanda as we made our way outside into the cold. She snuggled deeper into his arms "How was your day?" He asks her.

"Good" she replies in a small voice. I slide into the passengers seat as he buckles her into her car seat. He plants a small kiss on her forehead and then closes the door.