Chapter 9 | Commitment

Lucas laid back on the sofa in my office toying with a yo-yo he bought for Joely but seemed to busy himself with it "So remind me again, you committed a felony with this guy? I mean if you're going to go to jail, at least make sure the sex was wor...

Lucas laid back on the sofa in my office toying with a yo-yo he bought for Joely but seemed to busy himself with it "So remind me again, you committed a felony with this guy? I mean if you're going to go to jail, at least make sure the sex was worth it?"

"We haven't had sex Lucas" he sat up straight staring at me up and down like I was crazy

"You haven't fucked the hot doctor? What does he have cooties or something?" I rolled my eyes focusing back to my computer

"In reality I haven't had sex since Joely was conceived because how could I?" With that the yo-yo falls to the floor

"What? You haven't had sex in two and a half years!" He looked as if I said the most absurd thing in the world. He closed his eyes taking a deep breath "Sorry, I just believe that sex is one of the many wonders in life? So you've been was celibate since she was born?"

"It's very hard to get any action with a baby and now a toddler Lucas. You didn't see me going out to bars on the weekends?" He nods in agreement walking over to my desk

"Okay, so tell me did you at least kiss?"

"Yes... he's a good kisser. I thought I was probably sloppy, but Kenny says I'm good" he looked at me confused "I kissed Kendall one time to know if I was a good kisser or not"

"What she's brutally honest! Hey you can't be weird about this you're bi-sexual anyhow. Imagine if I started commenting on you?"

"Yeah but you don't see me making out with my best friends?" I sighed powering down my computer "I need a break, this case is killing me. Mr.Reign is coming in later today and I want to look good, not like I'm running off of a pack of stale saltines and a Diet Coke"

"Well would you say the date went well?"

It had been three days since our date. I thought it went well, though since then it's just been crickets on his end. I've called once and texted twice. Maybe I've lost my mind, but I haven't been interested in anyone in a long time.

"I don't know, he hasn't talked to me since" he grimaced looking doubtful "Hmmm... maybe Kendall was lying to you, maybe you're a sloppy smacker!" I scoffed

a knock at the door came and I looked over to see my assistant Charles "Hope, a guy named Reed Austen is here to see you" I looked to Lucas and stuck my tongue out

"Send him in" I gave Lucas a warning and he stepped out of my office as Reed stepped in

In his hand was a brown bag of what I'm guessing, was food "I figured I'd try and catch you for lunch?" I stared at the bag and then back at him