Chapter 27 | Oh Amartolós who are you?

Waking up this morning to a loud pounding at my door takes me by surprise

Waking up this morning to a loud pounding at my door takes me by surprise. It echoed through the apartment.

I grab the bat hidden in the corner of my room. I don't have guns in here for the safety of my child. The horror stories keep me up at night sometimes.

But as the banging grew louder I slowly made my way downstairs approaching the door. I looked through the peephole, and my stomach dropped.

"You're meant to never see me again" I yell back at him "We had an agreement!"

"This is bigger than that Angel- Hope!" I bite my pride and open the door, Isaac enters my home, and as he tries to walk further in I stop him at the hallway entrance.

"You won't be making yourself comfortable, it's four in the morning. Why the fuck are you at my house, I was sleeping, my child is sleeping. How did you find me?"

"It's very easy to track someone once you get a name" He began to pace back and forth. Like something was truly wrong, he'd done something bad.

"Spit it out" he looked over at me.

"I know you hate him, but I sent Amartolós on a mission" he began, I watched as Isaac sunk to the floor unable to stand.

"I've never lost a man in a mission before, but I sent Amartolós out into a fortress" My heart stops for a moment.

"What?" He glanced up at me in horror.

"He's not dead, he's been taken. I had a job for him Eros Onasis, a big cartel leader. Amartolós at first was worked up about it, has a grudge against the man" He stands to his feet and brushes past me into my kitchen.

"Isaac"

"I need scotch, I need something hard" I pointed to a cabinet and he walked over helping himself.

"Eros isn't an idiot, his place is sealed and isolated. I was a fool for sending him in alone to get the job done, I can't ask you to go... especially after" he looked up the stairs.

After he knew I was someone's mother.

"How bad is it?" I could see the inner demons he was fighting back inside. Something was very wrong and he knew I would be the only one able to possibly get him out.

"He won't live, if he's not already dead. He won't live, that's how bad it is. His death will be grueling, and painful and you'll get a copy. Eros is a cruel man, he needed to be stopped" I felt sick. I didn't know Amartolós but I knew he needed someone to fight for him.

Because nobody ever fought for me. But I knew deep down that he would, he was the one who was meant to kill me "Send me the details, I'll go get him. But I'll need back up" he nods.

"I'm not going down for this. I have a life to live, but I'm going to save him" Isaac downs the rest of his scotch and then exits my home.

I couldn't sleep. Amartolós was taken, he wasn't okay, he could be dead for all I know. And that thought in itself haunted me, I needed to know he'd be fine.