Chapter 14 | A ghost

I can honestly say that the worst time of the year may just be known as 'the most wonderful time of the year'

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I can honestly say that the worst time of the year may just be known as 'the most wonderful time of the year'. I found it to be rather stressful. Though I'm no grinch, I love Christmas morning and certain parts of December.

The music and the decorations. But the looming thoughts of family came in. Christmas during my childhood wasn't something I looked back fondly on. I was one of those children that Santa didn't really have time for. So when I had Joely, I knew that Santa was something my children would experience.

But the stress of holiday shopping and overwhelming remembrance of past years makes things hard. But Christmas isn't all gloom, there's a Jones and a Peters who make it little bit more merry and bright.

The taxi door opens and I feel my arm being yanked out by Bella as she holds Joely in hand. My feet hit the pavement and the taxi door shuts as we are left at the Christmas market.

Every year at the common and Christmas festival is held. Tourists and locals fill the park with stuff to do "We should try and get her to Santa before the line gets way too long" Joely was half awake on Bella's arm

"Will she even remember meeting Santa?"

Bella gasped "She has to meet Santa?" She was acting more like Joelys mother than me "No grinch for Christmas Hope, get your holiday cheer on!"

Her excitement reminded me of when she helped run the Middleberry High school Christmas festival. She forced me to help her when I wanted nothing to do with it.

We walked through Christmas decor and giant candy canes with lights as far as the eye can see. I personally wanted to be snuggled up on my couch with cocoa right about now.

"NEXT" I handed Joely off to Santa as Bella clasped her hands in excitement.

But yet again Joely was only just about three. So her knowledge of Santa was slim. So when the tears came the second she sat down, I wasn't left surprised.

"Alright Jo, let's go" I picked her up and glared at Bella "shhh it's okay, it's okay it was just Santa"

But really a creepy old man in a suit. I believed that Santa was just a start to leaving children with major trust issues. Suddenly we are all cool with a big fat man sliding down our chimney?

"Bella I told you that was not a good idea" Joely fell asleep on my shoulder once again as we walked through the market "Well lesson learned?" I sighed and turned towards the ornaments.

I lifted an ornament and smiled at the memory "Joely's father took me here once when I was eighteen, our senior year"