Chapter 21 | PennyLane

Reminder to please vote - it helps me know that you're enjoying the story 🫶

As I finish up with Amanda, I'm left stunned at my grandmothers generosity. I knew she loved me, no amount of money would fix the loneliness I felt in my heart.

But her leaving me everything, was something I'll never understand. Grandma wasn't your average woman, she was once a stewardess for Pan Am. Quickly married off to a wealthy man by the time she was nineteen and fell hopelessly in love with him. But he died, then she fell for the scum she called my grandfather.

She took every cent she could get from him. But she was always humble. She didn't own unnecessary things or super flashy cars. She had small cottages and homes. PennyLane was the thing that mattered most.

It was her estate by the coast. It was right on the water, it's where she's lived for years. Where Julie grew up and I spent my hopeful summers. It was my home, my childhood home. So being left that, was the most important piece.

"All the money will be transferred to your accounts and all the assets should be in your name soon" I didn't want this, I didn't want my name over hers. Like she was something that could simply be replaced "Come by my office this week to finalize the details" I nod and she leaves.

That's when I realize, I had no way home. But as I turned around, he was still there waiting for me "You think I'd just leave you here stranded?"

"I have to go to PennyLane, I- I need to go to grandmas home, to my home" Theo nods at me and opens his car door to let me in and I immediately shake my head, this was something I should do alone.

"I'll get an Uber"

"Hope be serious right now, I'm not letting you go alone?"

"I should go alone Theo"

"Just because you should, doesn't mean you have to Hope" he tilts his head and more than I'd like to admit it, I didn't want to go alone.

So I slid into the drivers side of his car. The ride was 30 minutes "We'll miss the mercy meal? Plus I left Joely?"

"It's catered? They can eat without us, Bella's got your keys and Joely it's all good" he started the car, and rather than arguing with him I leaned back into the seat closing my eyes

"Wow, you aren't going to argue back with me?"

"It's PennyLane, it's the last big piece of grandma. I need to see it today, I need to go home" I sighed as the glass fogged up on the window and I drew a frown against it

Then I leaned my head against the cold glass. The sensation was cooling and my eyes slowly closed. I hadn't be able to rest well.

"Hope"

"Hope we are here?" I inhaled the smell of the ocean as I sat up and it was laid out in-front of me. The sky was now turning to sunset, the pastels of pinks, red and purples.