Chapter 13 | Told you I'd kill

4 years ago

4 years ago

His nose grazed mine as we stood in the middle of the field. Dandelions surrounded us desperate for wishes to be made as the sun set "You make me happy Hope" with that our lips connected.

"I do huh?" His hands snuck around my waist pulling me to straddle around him "More than you know" I leaned my head down on his chest.

"Sometimes I wish we could just stay like this forever you know?" I felt his lips press against my forehead as he nods "I do"

He released me and we turned to the flat lanterns on the ground "are you sure this is safe?" His face showed a wide spread smirk "oh my god!" I playfully pushed him as he laughed.

"Don't fight me Hope, I don't think you'd win"

"You underestimate your opponent!" I knew exactly how to win, you sucker punch to the throat throwing them off and take it from there.

"Fine" he prepared the lantern as we held letters in hand "what does yours say?"

"What does yours say?" He countered.

"A wish won't come true if you knew!" He shrugged "Guess the same rules apply to you"

"No fair!" I stole his lantern from him catching him off guard and reading it For Us to Last was written in the note inside "me too" I whisper softly and then I feel his lips pressed against my neck.

"I love you Hope"

—————————————

Present

"So he was never engaged?" Bella sipped her wine and shrugged "I thought when you said Michelle you were referring to Theo? I was confused myself"

"You didn't find it weird I was calling your brother Michelle?" She shrugged again.

"You never talked about him with me, like ever? So I figured you just renamed him?" A knock came at the door and Grayson walked over opening it.

"You ready to go?" I looked over to see Theo as he smiled at me "awww look who can be my square dancing partner!"

"I don't think either of us could square dance and he's coming with us?" I glared at Arabella.

"What beef do you have with me Hope?"

"See the list is too far to rehash right now" I grabbed my purse standing and pulled Arabella off the couch.