Family

Story continuous from arnav thoughts on how to solve new problems. He was disturbed by khushi who came inside.

"Arnavji" Khushi called hesitantly.

"Tell me khushi, you need anything?" He asked her, he used softest tone which he will use for avni. 

"I need leave today" She told fidgeting her saree end.

"Why?" 

"I want to be with avni when she comes back from school" Khushi told. There is no point in hiding her insecurity from him.

"Khushi, come here" Arnav called her extending his hand towards her. She came nearer to him slowly.

"Khushi you dont need to be insecure about avni accepting sheethal. She wont accept anyone as her mother except you. When it comes to accepting people in life, avni is my carbon copy. We wont accept someone easily in our life but if we accept them we wont let them go no matter what happens. OK" Arnav assured her. 

"You know before you came into our life, avni was always around me. She wont like if anyone helps her in getting ready to school and all. I only need to do that. She wont sleep until i tell a story. She wont open her eyes in morning until she hear my voice. The day you stepped into her life, everything changed. I dont know the reason but she accepted you wholeheartedly. She became so protective and possessive towards you" Arnav explained holding her hands.

"You remember when you went to shopping before party with avni?" Arnav questioned her. She nodded her head confused.

"That day evening she came to me demanding to bring your parents here and ask them live here with us. When i asked her why suddenly, she told you were crying for them that day. She dont like to see tears in your eyes." Arnav told her with smile, khushi immediately got tears in her eyes. Arnav silently took her to his embrace.

"Khushi do you want to meet your parents?" He questioned her. She shook her head in no. She really dont want face them now.

"Ok, please stop crying. I dont want to see tears in your eyes" Arnav told wiping her tears.

"This are happy tears" She whispered.

"Still if your daughter see tears in your eyes now, she will think i made you cry and she will kill me for sure." Arnav told making khushi laugh. Silence occupied them, no one wants to come out of hug.

"Khushi" Arnav called her.

"Hmm"

"I am sorry" Arnav told making her confused. She looked up into his eyes.

"I treated you badly in start days of our marriage" He told cupping her cheeks.

"Its ok arnavji, i deserve that. If i was in your place i will do the same" She told matter of fact.

"You dont deserve anything like that khushi. You deserve only happiness. I am sorry" He told again. Khushi smiled seeing him.

"And you can take your leave today. I will go to office, there is a meeting today. I will be back soon. You take care ok. Dont work in kitchen more. If anyone say something to you, give them back. Dont ever compromise on your self-respect." Arnav kissed her forehead and went out leaving khushi ponder on her own thoughts.

Khushi's POV:-

I am so lucky to have avni and arnavji in my life. I cant even believe how life changed drastically for me. Two months ago i was crying on my fate in this same room, now i am happy. Avni is gift to my life. The love she has for me is something unimaginable. How can a 6 year old kid think this much about my happiness.