Failed Attempts

Story starts after arshi cute moment.

Same day evening:-

Arnav spent some time with avni and came downstairs to have dinner along with his family. They had dinner and settled on sofa, he went there and sat on empty space. He made avni sit in his lap. 

Khushi came and sat beside him, talking with avni.

"Avni, come here. See i brought ice-cream for you."  Sheethal told trying to act sweet. Everyone looked at her with disinterest but avni have other plans. She came and sat in sheethal lap.

Avni opened ice-cream and offered some to arav but he rejected it. So, she starting eating it but with her little fingers. She spread it on her hands and wiped it with sheethal costly dress. Sheethal is disgusted but didnt showed it. 

"Avni, you need eat with this spoon." Sheethal told with not-so-pleasant tone. Everyone suppressed their smile seeing sheethal situation.

"You are soo cool aunty" Avni told cupping sheethal cheeks with ice-cream hands.

"Noo, avni you spoiled my face" Sheethal shouted.

"No aunty, with this ice-cream on your face. You look exactly like a witch" Avni told giggling.

"Avni, you are so manner less. You shouldn't disrespect your mother" Sheethal told, everyone glared at her.

"Who is disrespecting you mummy?" Avni questioned and went near khushi.

"No one. Aunty is just joking" Khushi told pinching her cheeks.

"Avni, you need to take bath now. Your whole face covered with ice-cream" Khushi told trying to wipe ice-cream with her saree ends.

"I will take bath but only if you catch me" Avni told and started running. Khushi ran after her. After few minutes khushi got hold of avni and started walking towards her room.

"Avni, when i asked you to play with me, you told elders shouldnt play. Now you are playing with khushi" Sheethal asked with anger.

"Thats because she is my mummy. You are not" Avni told and kissed khushi's cheek. 

"Thats because she is my daughter" Khushi told at same time. They went inside followed by arnav.

"Avni, you are becoming naughty day by day" Khushi told wiping her body and helping her to dress up.

"Of course, after all my daughter she is" Arnav whispered in khushi's ear 

"Mummy, i dont like that witch aunty. Dont know why" Avni told innocently.

They made avni sleep by telling stories. 

In arnav's room:- 

"I dont how that witch gave birth to my angel" Khushi murmured after entering into her room. Arnav chuckled hearing her.

"Wow, someone is in mood of cursing. Please go ahead. I want to listen more bad words from your mouth" Arnav teased her.

"Arnavji please. Tomorrow i have to give presentation. I am nervous about it. On top of that sheethal is playing cheap tricks to attract avni" Khushi expressed her worries.

"Khushi, come here" Arnav told extending his hands. She went near him.

"You remember your first day of work in corporate world, you were so nervous to even step into office. I thought you will quit before joining but you proved me wrong. You faced it so well. I am sure you will rock tomorrow. Whatever happens i will be with you, dont worry. And regarding sheethal trying to attract avni, our daughter is much smarter than that witch dont worry. We are all here with you." Arnav told cupping her cheeks.