Chapter 2

Oaklee Monroe POV

"I am Ms Michelle and I will be teaching your english class this year. Most of you are first or second years but there might be some older kids. I'm going to take attendance now so I can learn your names." 

She opens her laptop and begins calling names. People either raise their hand or say something.

"Oaklee." She calls and I raise my hand. I wonder if people actually listen to other people's names, like I haven't registered a single name so far except for my own.

Like why care about others if no one cares about you?

I put my hand down when she nods. She looks at me for a few seconds longer than the other kids but that's probably because I'm 16 and not even legal age for anything.

When she is finished there is only around 40 minutes of class left since she also explained a bunch of things and now she talking on and on and on about everything we're doing during the year. As I look around half the people are falling asleep. 

I yawn and hold my head up with my elbow. I watch the clock and count the minutes until the class is over.

-

Finally she stops talking 10 minutes before class ends and tells to just chill. She hands out a paper about everything she just talked about and I start wondering what I'm going to have for lunch. I finished my tea already and I can't buy more food.

I look through my bag and find an apple, well this will have to work. 

When the Ms Michelle finally dismissed us, I was the first out the door. I mean I love english but the first few classes suck. I hope my psychology class is better. 

Also MS Michelle is definitely a MRS Michelle.

The way she alway glancing at her ring finger but had no ring as she was typing on her computer in the last 10 minutes and also as I walked past her she waved and she had a ring line. 

Now I'm thinking affair, with someone at school so their keeping it a secret because maybe she or he is too young, maybe it's a student or maybe its an older teacher?

I push it all out of my mind and walk outside. I find a bench and eat my lunch by myself like I always did and will always do. I watch people as I eat since I'm bored.

She loves him. He doesn't.

Cheating. With the girl you call BFF

Ex issues. With your new girlfriends dad. 

Gay. And loves his roommate.

Nerd. Don't date him. No girl. You can do better. Damn it. She asked him out. Well he may not have the looks but he will always love you.

Stressed but won't ask for help. How is she already stressed?

Teacher with issues no one talks about. Fucking the principle won't end. 

The one student with overprotective parents.

I move my eyes over to parking lot just as a car pulls up. This car is black/dark blue and it looks kinda expensive. The driver side door opens and a man steps out. He has brown hair and green eyes. His hair is messy and neat at the same time and when his head tilts down the hair gets in his face. He smiles at someone across the campus.

Jeez. His smile is beautiful. It almost makes me smile.

Another man comes and they hug and smile and talk like old friends. He locks his car, grabbing his keys, bag and a coffee. I watch the way he moves and what he holds. He isn't a teacher because teacher don't get paid this much and his bag is different.

Before I can figure it out I feel a buzz on my hair. I look at my watch and it's 10 minutes before my psychology class. I pack up literally nothing and walk towards the science building. 

I get to class with 5 minutes to spare which I use to check my phone. I see more messages from my aunt and uncle. I reply to both of them that I'm in class and they should leave me alone.

I regret the message as soon as I sent it but oh well. I'm sat in the front because I can't wait to have this class.

No. Actually it was the only seat.

The door opens and in walks the teacher. The chatter dies down and I watch as he walks to the front of the room. 

This is a man I will be seeing for plus 5 hours a week so hopefully he makes a good impression. He has black hair and blue eyes, that scan the room and seem to land on me. He asses me as I asses him. 

He looks away first and I crack a small smile.

"Good afternoon, everyone. I'm Dr Carter Rivera. You can call me either Carter or River."