Chapter 8

Oaklee Monroe POV
I knew who was behind me without even turning around and even when I wanted to turn around I didn't.

I didn't want to be right. I didn't want my psychology professor to be the one holding me back.

I kicked and punched him but he didn't let me go. I didn't realised he had lead me to the nurses office until he let me go.

I stayed on the ground and looked around. Mr Rivera was standing in front of the door. I looked around but there was no one else here. I saw a desk with a computer and a couple of medical beds.

Mr Rivera took out his phone and texted I assume his friend and brother. I grabbed my bag and pushed myself into a corner.

"Why don't you sit on one of the beds?" He asked softly after putting his phone away. I shook my head and looked for another exit.

He sighed and sat down in a rolling chair without a back like dentists use. I watched as he rolled around a bit before going back to sitting in front of the door.

The door opened and my head snapped up. I'm walked Dr Rivera and Dr Cruz. They both saw me in the corner before Dr Rivera went to the furthers bed from the door and laid down.

"I'm taking a nap. I work too much anyway." He muttered the last bit to himself as his arm went over his eyes.

I turned back to the other two. Mr Rivera was still at the door and Dr Cruz was at his desk typing away at his computer.

"So your name is Oaklee Monroe and your...16? He questioned with a raise of his eyebrow. I nodded my head. He typed away again.

"Ok, let me just check you and then we can figure out your back." He got up and put his stethoscope around his neck. He sanitized his hand before putting on a pair of gloves. I stayed, shaking, in the corner. 

"You wanna come up to the bed?" He asked. I shook my head and my eyes darted around again.

"Ok..." He trailed off not knowing what to say. Then he crouched down and sat criss-cross in front of me. I pulled my bag and legs closer to me as I watched his every move.

"Can I listen to your heart?" He asked me.

"I-if you take off your g-gloves." I mentally face-palmed myself for stuttering. He nodded and smiled. He took off his gloves and scooted a bit closer to me. I sat up and pushed my legs away from my chest. I put my bag next to me.

"I have to go under your shirt, is that ok?" He asked with concern.

No, no it's not.

I somehow nodded my head and I watch as he put the ear things in and put the chest piece in his hand before slowly coming closer to me. I leaned back as he pushed up my shirt and put his hand under. He put the chest piece on my chest and I shivered from the cold of it.

He muttered a sorry as he listened to my fast beating heart. He moved it around a few times and it seemed like he saw the bandage around my chest but choose to ignore it. He made a small spinning motion and took his hand out from under my shirt. 

I turned around and I feel him lift my shirt again and this time listen to my lungs.

"Breath in...and out...again...perfect." He took his hand out and dropped my shirt. I turned my body around and my brought my knees to my chest before he could do anything else. He blinked at me before standing and typing away at the computer.

"Your heart and lungs sound fine but your heart rate is a little fast. I assume you don't enjoy doctors too much, right?" He asks with a small smile. I nod and my eyes dart around again. Dr Rivera is still sleeping and Mr Rivera is still on the rolling stool by the door.

"Ok, can I check your back now?" 

Oh shit