Chapter 20

Oaklee Monroe POV

They both sighed and then Ares put some gloves on.

"I'm gonna feel your neck." I nod and I feel his gloves touch my skin. As he feels around, it makes me frown since its not such a nice feeling. 

"Ok, can you say ah?" I nod and open my mouth and stick out my tongue for him. I feel the wooden stick on my tongue as he looks with a flash light.

"So..?" I ask once he's done. 

"I'm just gonna do your vitals and then I'm done." He checks my heart and lungs, then my temperature and my blood pressure.

"Ok, so it just seems like you have a cough but nothing serious." 

"That's what I thought, now I have to go." I say standing up but Dr Cruz has other plans because he pushes me back down onto the bed.  "What now? I think I have had enough with doctors and hospitals. It has not even been a month since school started." I sigh.

"I just wanted to see your hand." He says putting on a new pair of gloves.

"A-and what if I don't want you to?" I clear my throat. He looks up at me.

"Then you can leave." He says pushing himself back on the rolling chair to give me space to leave. I look at him with narrowed eyes before standing up and grabbing my bag.

"Bye, hope to not see you again Dr Cruz." I say as I leave and I know it's a bit rude but I don't care and I just want to get home.

I go back to the library and check out a few books for school and a few books from the romance section for me.

I walk home slowly, when I get home, there car isn't in the driveway that makes me sigh with relief. I go straight to my room and text Dakota that I'll go to the hockey game on Saturday. I spend the rest of the day studying until I hear the front door open.

I run downstairs and start dinner. I make some pasta and sauce. I set the table and stay in the kitchen while they eat. I look at the pasta and then look away. I hear my stomach growl but I ignore it. 

I stay in the kitchen until I hear them both move to the living room, I clean everything up and then make myself a small portion of pasta and eat it. I wash my plate and my aunt walks in.

"Did you eat?" She asks softly, softer than I have ever heard her speak. I shake my head and then she gathers some hair in her hand and pulls my head back.

"Liar." She spits out the word. Then she drags me to the basement. She drags me down and handcuffs me to the wall. I try to move or run but she uses all her body weight and pushes me against the wall.

I feel a pinch in my arm and I look to see her injecting me with something. I thrash and try to get her off me but it's too late.

She laughs and gets off me. She throws me a bucket.

"This will teach you not to eat unless told." She then leaves me. I lean against the wall and wait. 

About 10 minutes after she leaves I start throwing up and I don't stop. In the end I'm throwing up nothing but it doesn't seem to stop. 

All night, I gag and nothing comes. I cry because the feeling is horrible. My aunt uncuffs me in the morning and drags me to my room. I finally stop throwing up nothing and change into some sweats and a big sweatshirt. 

I head to school but today I put on makeup to make myself look more presentable. I make it to psychology class and thankfully everything went well. I listened, took notes and left without getting stopped. 

This was an ok day