Chapter 13

Ares Cruz POV

(When he finishes treating Oaklee)

I watch her walk away or more like walk very fast away. She has a fever. That's probably why she was missing. She was sick. 

I made sure to act like I didn't know her and made sure not to mention when she ran out of the nurses office. I also didn't mention that her fever was so high that any higher and she should go to the hospital but hopefully the medicine I gave her helps.

I pack my bag and wave to Dakota before leaving and walking back towards my roommates. I see a look of confusion on their faces but I wave them off and walk to the car.

We all get in with me driving and both of the brothers in the bag because they can never agree who sits in the front.

"Care to explain?" Carter asked as they drove.

"Dakota is friends with Oaklee and Oaklee has a fever, I gave her some medicine and hopefully she is better tomorrow. You'll check her tomorrow, Carter?" Carter nodded. "Because there is no way in hell she is coming back to my office."

"How am I supposed to check her?" Carter asked.

"Well, just look for the signs, shivering, sweating. If you can touch her bare skin like her hand or forehead to see if she seems hotter than normal. I'll give you some medicine to give her tomorrow if she still has a fever because I won't be there tomorrow and she might prefer you."

Carter nodded and though this over as the drove home.

Oaklee Monroe POV

(This is the next day, Tuesday.)

I woke up still shivering and sweating. I took another cold shower and grabbed some ice from the freezer to put under my armpits and my neck to try and cool my body heat down.

When it was time for school, the ice had melted and I threw out the plastic bag it was in. I walked to school making sure to keep my hat off to try and let the cool air, cool me but it wasn't working too well.

I sighed as I headed to psychology class. It was supposed to be my favorite but with my crazy stalker teacher who has doctor friends always trying to get in my business it's not as fun. 

I sit in the middle of the room and students start to fill up the class. He comes in 5 minutes before class and looks right at me.

I look away and start taking notes on the class. Halfway through the class he gives us a little break since this is 3 hour class but I have never heard of a teacher giving breaks. He lets us ask questions and goes around to help people.

I don't raise my hand because I don't have a questions but somehow he still makes his way over to my desk. I look at him weirdly as he walks past me. I make sure to keep all body parts away from him and only relax when he moves on.

He goes back to teaching and again I'm starting to get tired. 

Just so you know fever dreams suck.

I make sure to keep myself awake but every once in a while I find myself drifting off for a few minutes. Finally the class ends and I start packing up and walking to the door.

But, BUT, before I can exit, my wrist is grabbed by my professor and he pulls me over to the desk. 

I don't know what's happening but I know I won't like it.

He let go of me and went around to the other side of the desk and start looking through the drawers. Then he eyes lit up and he smiled as he pulled out a plastic bag with a pill like the one I took yesterday.

"Ares wanted me to give you this since he couldn't be here today." He handed me the plastic bag before putting the back of his hand against my forehead. I jerked back.

"T-thanks." I muttered out.

"It seems like you still have a fever maybe you should take it now or after lunch." He said softly with a smile.

"I'll take it after lunch." I managed to say. He nodded and smiled so I took that as my cue to leave. I slowly backed towards the door and the moment I stepped out of the classroom I ran.