Chapter 10

Oaklee Monroe POV

I paled even further as she stood up. I tried my best to escape but she grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards the basement.

I kicked and screamed but she didn't let go of me.

"P-please." I cried as she dragged me down the stairs and towards the table in the middle. She threw me on the table and strapped me down before I could leave. 

She then made sure all the straps were tight before leaving. I cried as I tried to get my legs and arms out but nothing worked. 

After a few hours the door opened and in walked my uncle. I tensed as he worked in with his scrubs. 

"So my wife has been saying that you haven't been good. There was this new treatment in the hospital that I managed to get just for you."

"B-but I'm not s-sick." I stammer out as he prepares something out of my sight.

"Then why haven't you been good, obviously there is something wrong with you." 

He comes over and attaches me to a heart monitor and puts in an IV. I watch as connects a bag to my IV and then another one with something different. Then he grabs a needle and puts it into my IV. I watch as the mystery medicine enters my body.

"I'll be back to check on you." He says before disposing of the needle and gloves and leaving the room. 

I cry and fade in and out of sleep before waking up to the sound of the door opening. 

I feel like shit

He walks over to me and puts on some gloves. He checks my vitals and temp. He checks the IV before taking another needle and injecting it into the IV.

This time it burns as I feel it enter me. I groan and try to move away from it. It makes my skin crawl and I feel itchy all over. 

My uncle looks satisfied as he takes off his gloves and leaves without a word. The pain in my arm soon moves up my elbow and into my shoulder until my whole arm hurts, it feels like when I got bit by a snake. 

---

I don't remember if I passed out from the pain or fell asleep. I look around and groan, it hurts to move. I see a clock on one of the tables and it 2:43am. I groan again. I need some pain meds. 

I look around and see the one bag down and the weird bag only half done. I try to move my arm but cry out in pain when I move it. My whole body hurts. I start crying because all I want to do is die.

---

When I wake again it's 4:18 in the afternoon the next day which means I missed my Friday class which is english. I look down at myself and I'm pale and I can't move my legs.

I'm sweating and shivering. I think I have a fever but what does that matter. I look to the side and the weird bag is gone and a new bag with saline is hanging. I look at the IV site and it's all red and irritated. 

I hear the door open and in walks my aunt. 

"Ugh, you're awake. Now I have to feed you." She mutters under her breath. I look at her with droopy eyes or maybe their swollen. She comes to my side and takes a bag hanging off the table and replaces with an empty one, it was then that I realized I had a catheter in. 

---

I spend the weekend in a daze between life and death. I don't remember everything and I know for a fact that I probably ate nothing all weekend. Sunday, my uncle undoes the straps and I drag myself to the mattress in the corner for hopefully a better sleep.

When I wake on Monday, I'm super tired and I still have a fever. I get up and groan when I feel pain everywhere. I slowly walk upstairs and grab my bag. I don't know where my phone is nor do I care because I won't need it anyway. 

I don't bother with breakfast as I walk to school in pain.

Why did life get to this?