Chapter 14

Oaklee Monroe POV

I ran all the way home and crashed on my bed for an hour before my fever started spiking again and I took yet another cold shower.

Then I spent the next hour looking for my phone and when I found it, I texted Dakota. My aunt and uncle don't monitor my phone or what I do on it since they assume I have no friends anyway.

Oaklee: Hey, it's Oaklee

Dakota: Hey, wanna grab lunch together I finished class.

Oaklee: Can't my parents needed me home but we can tomorrow?

Dakota: Sure, also I was wondering there is a hockey game Saturday after class, would you like to come?

Oaklee: I'll have to see but I think I'm free.

Dakota: Yay, see you tomorrow, lee

Oaklee: Lee?

Dakota: It's your nickname, you can call me Kota.

Oaklee: Ok, see you tomorrow.

I put my phone on charging and grabbed more ice before trying to nap again. My dreams are once again annoying and confusing as my fever skyrockets or maybe it only goes up an inch. I don't know anymore. 

I wake up and go downstairs, I find the ear thermometer and check my temp as I hold onto the kitchen counter trying to stay awake. It beeps and I look at it. My temp is 39.7 C or 103 F. I sigh if it gets any higher it means hospital.

I drag myself upstairs and somehow not make it to my bed and just crash on the floor. When I wake again my phone is ringing. I grab it and answer.

"H-hello." I whisper. I lick my lips since they are dry.

"Oaklee, you need to come to the hospital something happened to your uncle and he wants you." Wants me?

Nobody wants me without a benefit.

"Ok, I'm coming." I hang up and drag myself up. I change into a big sweatshirt and cargo pants. I grab my phone and some ice which I somehow tap to my side. I walk as fast as I can to the hospital.

The moment I get their I want to run in the other direction but I go inside. I walk to the main desk in the ER and see a very beautiful lady. I want to be as beautiful as her when I grow up.

"Hi, you're very beautiful, I'm looking for my uncle. Dr Mason?" I ask. She blushes at my comment and smiles.

"You are very beautiful too and yes your uncle is in room 5. Do you need help finding your way?" She has a very soft and nice voice. I want her as my mom, maybe this lady was sent by my mom to save me.

"No, thank you." She nods and I walk towards room 5. I knock and enter. My uncle is sitting on the patient bed holding his jaw and his other arm is on a pillow. I look at his arm closer and it seems to be bleeding.

Take that sucker.

"I need you to get me some doctors who can help me. Tell a nurse that Dr Mason is asking." I nod and leave. I find the nurses station and find a women taking notes and calling people. I walk up to her and she smiles.

"Can you get some doctors for my uncle? His name is Dr Mason and I think he cut his arm and bruised his jaw." I say softly since she is still on the phone. She smiles and nods.

"Of course. Why don't you wait here while I page someone, ok?" I nod and she lets me sit on her chair. I sit down and now I want to sleep again.

I look around and don't see my aunt anywhere. She is a nurse here but it seems she might be working on a different floor. The women comes back and crouches down in front of me.

"Ok, I paged 2 doctors and they should be here soon to help your uncle. You'll have to show them where he is when they come." I nod and rest my head on the desk. I close my eyes and try not think about the pain in my head or my fever.

I feel a hand on my back and my back pain comes back. I jolt upwards and stand moving away from the hand. I look to see the women from before.

"Come on." She leads me to the other side of the nurses station and taps two figures on the shoulder. "This is Dr Cruz and Dr Rivera." 

Great