Chapter 15

Oaklee Monroe POV

They turn around and face me. They both look at me with shock before smiling.

"Hi sweetie, I'm Dr Cruz and this is Dr Rivera. What seems to be the problem?" I turn away from them and turn back to the women. 

"Can I have someone else?" I whisper.

"Why?" She asks looking concerned. Ok, think quick.

"I'm a lesbian and there not attractive enough for me?" I mentally face palm myself. 

"I'm sure it will be fine and aren't you a little young." Then she turns me back around and leaves.

"Just follow me." I mutter and start to walk towards the room my uncle is in. I knock and open the door. I walk to the corner of the room as they follow me in. I sigh and lean my head against the wall.

"Dr Mason." Dr Cruz greets with a smile. My uncle smiles back. 

"Dr Cruz." He winces when he moves his jaw.

"So, what happened?" Dr Cruz asked as he sat on the rolling chair by the bed. I look over at Dr Rivera to see him looking at me. I raise an eyebrow but he looks away.

That's what I thought.

Nobody can bring me down...except maybe this fever.

"Patient got a little violent and get cut and hit in the jaw." 

"Ok, I'll check your cut well Dr Rivera can check your jaw and teeth." My uncle nods and they both move.

I watch them as they work on him. Dr Cruz stitches up his cut as Dr Rivera makes sure his jaw and teeth are all good. As I'm watching them, all I want to do is sleep but I can't let my guard down here in the place I hate the most.

My aunt walks in with some food as Dr Rivera finishes up. 

"I didn't know you had a daughter." Dr Cruz says, now I'm awake on the inside.

"She's not our daughter, she's my sister's daughter but poor thing her parents passed away when she was younger." My aunt plays the perfect victim.

"My wife doesn't speak about it a lot since it's so upsetting." My uncle says taking my aunts hand.

"Yes, she was m-murdered and oh they looked so b-bad when they came to the hospital, t-they just couldn't be f-fixed." She stutters out. Oh my god she is even crying.

Everyone clap for her. Big round of applause, my aunt can act.

"I'm so sorry. That must have been so hard." Dr Rivera says as he glances over at me. He frowns before walking over to me. He crouches down in front of me and I swear my breathing hitched. He tilts his head and looks me over again.

"What's wrong?" My aunt asks.

"Is she sick?" He asks.

"Yes, that's why she was missing on Friday but we thought it was ok to send her on Monday and we didn't want her to miss anymore school." She says in a sorta of motherly tone.

"Well, I think she is still sick." He stands and grabs something or maybe more than one things. It's not like I care. He comes back and crouches before again.

"Aren't you a dentist?" My uncle asks.

Hey, I was going to ask that.

"Yeah, but I live with a doctor and a psychologist, we also know about each others work and we teach each other too." He says looking back at my uncle. I close my eyes and try to rest. 

Then I feel him pull my eyelid up and shine a light in my eye. I try to close my eye and move but I'm too tired, he does it with the other and now I'm seeing spots. He then grabs my wrist and feels my pulse before I feel him put something on my finger.

I look down and notice a finger pulse thingy, I think it's called an oximeter and it's actually to check your oxygen level but my fever brain honestly doesn't care. Then he has some kind of fancy forehead thermometer which shows my temp, I think it went up.

He picks me up and I try to fight against him but he's stronger and I'm tired.

"I'm gonna take her to an empty room and give her some fluids, I'll wait for you Dr Cruz." He says before leaving the room. I try to fight against him again but nothing.

"Shhh, it's ok. We're gonna help you. Just relax." I would laugh but then he pushes my head onto his chest and I feel his heartbeat. He has a fast heart rate, obviously he is walking right now but it seems to be his normal heart rate.

Did you know everyone has a unique heartbeat?

He starts to put me down but I cling to him. I hear him sigh before sitting down on the bed with me on his lap. I like his heartbeat, it's like me but a calm version of me whenever I'm at the doctor or near medical professionals.

I hear the door open as he rocks me gently. I feel a hand grab my right wrist. I blink open my eyes to see Dr Cruz. He looks down and touches my other hand.

"What happened?" I look down and see my bandaged hand from when I cut myself in the library.