Chapter 7

Oaklee Monroe POV

"Is class over?" I ask as I rub my eyes and look around. No other students remain.

"Yes." He answer and nods just as the door opens.

I look up to see the man from yesterday. The man that got out of the car and had a beautiful smile. He sets his bag down by the door and walks further in, closing the door behind him. He stops next to Mr Rivera. They look at each other than me. Like a silent conversation.

"What did you do?" I ask Mr Rivera with a glare.

"I called him for help." He said looking at the man.

"Who said I need help and for what?"

"Hi, I'm Ares Cruz. Carter said he saw some blood on your hood and your back, so its mandatory for me to come and check it out." The man who I now know is names Ares says.

"No, it's not." I state.

"Hm?"

"It's not mandatory for him to call you and actually he shouldn't have unless he had my permission so I ask again who said I need help?"

"I just wanna check your back." Ares says taking a step closer to me. I take a step back and he freezes.

"I'm fine." I state my voice coming out weaker than I would like. As long as he doesn't come close enough to touch me or get anything from his bag, I'll be fine.

"Even I can see you bleeding from here." Ares said trying to look at my back. I take a quick peek at my back to see some red spots. Damn it.

"I'm fine. It's just a cut." I try to reason.

"If you're fine then you won't mind me checking right?" I shake my head as my throat feels like no air is coming in.

"I...no...bye." I stutter out before grabbing my things and running out the door. I hear someone behind me and I hear my name being called but I just keep running.

I run to the library going to the same place as before. I run between the shelves till I find my hiding spot. It's a dark space ok the ground. Since there is no lights between these two shelves no one sees me when I crawl under the shelves to a space I found.

I lay on my side with my bag to my stomach as I take deep breaths. I hear footsteps around the library. I hear voices. I push myself further under until my back hits a wall. I let the darkness consume me as the footsteps get closer.

"Oaklee?" I hear Elijah's voice calling me. He walks past me and I breath a sigh of relief.

"Oaklee, you can't avoid us forever. We just want ti help." That's Mr Rivera's voice from somewhere behind me.

"Guys, I don't think we're going to find her. We can try again another time." Ares said as I hear all their footsteps retreating from the library.

After an hour I finally feel safe enough to come out. I walk slowly out of the library looking everywhere for them in case they want to come out and scare me or something.

I'm walking slowly back to the campus when my phone dings with a message. I have the afternoon free but it seems everyone is supposed to go to the auditorium for an announcement.

Great.

I walk to the bathroom and check my back. It doesn't look too bad and it's not bleeding as much. I wrap more bandages around myself to try and stop the bleeding. I change sweatshirts to a black one and head to the auditorium.

I take a seat near the back and to the right since not many people have come yet. As it's gets closer to the time the auditorium fills up.

I watch with boredom as the lights dim and someone walks onto the stage. It's the principle. A light comes on him and he takes the microphone.

"Hey, everybody. So I just wanted to introduce you to one of my acquaintances who will be here at the school for a few days. Dr Ares Cruz and Dr Elijah Rivera." He introduced them as they walked into the stage.

I sunk down in my seat as my eyes snapped to the stage and then the exit.

"Hey, so I'm taking over as the schools doctor and my friend is giving free dental check ups for everyone along with me giving free health checks, it's not mandatory but whenever you come for an injury it will be in your record."

I see them look around and then both of them look directly at me. I look back to the exit before grabbing my bag and sprinting out of that room.

I run down the hall and towards the bathroom but before I can enter arms wrap around my waist stopping me.