Full Of Change

Chapter 29: Full Of Change
Sirius: Past, Present, Future

Sirius Black had previously prided himself on being the best of the best; nothing could stop him and no one stepped in his way. And then he met Bex Dumbledore.

He didn't like her right away. Oh no. In fact, he didn't like her until after he hated her. She was rude and impatient and judgmental; but she was also intellegent and loyal and gorgeous. But don't let me confuse you, she wasn't beautiful when you first looked at her. She wasn't beautiful when you gave her a second look. Only after the third look did you truly appreciate her beauty.

She looked regular at first, but after looking at her, really looking, you could see that she held some beauty. Maybe it was because she could change her appearance, but to Sirius, it was like she was trying to seem normal, and when you look at someone who appears normal at first, they somehow gain a certain beauty in the end; like they had tried to keep it hidden, but after looking for a bit, it starts to make itself known. Beauty can never be contained.

But enough about that. Let's talk about the tragedy that is Sirius Black. Let's talk about the past, the present, and the future. Let's talk about it all.

His past was the beginning of a dark age. Not one that controlled his life solely; no, this was more, much more in fact. This dark age started with him and eventually spread to a number of other individuals. They like to claim that life can't be that bad, life has its ups and downs, and eventually it gets better. Sirius always held hope for an up to come, yet the downs just continued to roll on in. And he was okay with that. Not initially, but in the end he was okay, because he thought he must have done something wrong. He thought he deserved it.

And in truth? Sirius didn't deserve one bad thing that came his way. Sirius Black is a kind of innocent that can't be taken literally, because let's face it, he isn't innocent, yet, he is. You know what I mean?

Born to the infamous Orion and Walburga Black, he was bound to turn out just as bad. But he didn't. And that, my dear friends, is where it all started.

Comparisons were always thrown his way, throughout his entire life everyone assumed he would turn out just like his family. And when he didn't? They began to shun him.

Sirius wasn't sure what was worse: having people think initially that he would be the exact same as his family, or the reaction he got when they figured out he wouldn't be like them. And that was his life.

Sirius got used to the same old treatment. But then James came along. And that's when things began to look up. That's when Sirius finally became happy.

Growing up in a family like his, you don't have many friends that aren't somehow related to you. And Sirius didn't like that.

Maybe it was the pressure, or maybe the comparisons, but something pushed him to search for change in life. He didn't want to be exactly like them. He wanted to be his own person.

James Potter was so unlike the rest. He didn't compare Sirius to the rest of the Blacks. No, instead he embraced the fact that Sirius held hope for a change in being and he ran with it. If Sirius didn't want to be like the rest of his family, then James would help him.

And he did. Probably more than he realized. But that's the past.

Currently, we have a young boy, disowned from his blood; proving he was, in fact, not like his family. Currently, we have a happy boy with friends that become family, he has James and Remus and Peter, and that's all he needs. Currently, we have a lost boy with no clue where to go.

The Potter's may not have been his real parents, but they were the only true parents he had. They showed him right from wrong, they never expected him to be something he wasn't, they never forced him into something. And that's what Sirius Black needs, more than anything. But he no longer has that. Another card life has dealt him that he does not need.

Years pass and our little lost boy has become a troubled man.

He is hurt, he is angry, he is lonely. He doesn't deserve his fate, but regardless, he must face the future. His life has returned to a series of downs in a world that hopes for ups.

A traitor, a mistake. The reason his closest friend, his brother, is gone. A shame to all that once knew him, because to them, his true colors have been shown. His black heart has been revealed, he is exactly like the rest of his family. He truly is a Black.

But really?

An innocent man. Framed for a crime he did not commit. Left alone in his darkest of moments. Forced to face his problems by himself. They secluded him, contained him, kept him locked away. No visitors allowed, he is without his closest friends and family. He is broken beyond repair.

Dead before his last breath.

And not just for him. As I said before, his tragedy spreads far beyond him. Remus, Bex, Peter, Harry. Each person shares in the same tragedy that Sirius Black has lived in.

--------------------

Hey! How is everyone? Doing good, I hope. Sorry that it's been a bit since I last updated. But I do hope that you'll all find this chapter enjoyable.

Feel free to comment, vote, share, fam, and follow. Thanks!

Much love!