This Is Definitely Not A Funeral

Chapter 20: Definitely Not A Funeral

-Bex p.o.v.-

I smiled at Sirius, watching him carefully. He had a sort of peacefulness about him when he wasn't focused on anything in particular. He seemed to be soft and graceful, easy about life. Sirius wasn't usually this calm. He always had something to be focused on.

A refreshing change it was to have him this much at ease.

"So where is this date?" I asked, loving the way he turned his attention towards me after the question reached his ears.

He chuckled. His eyes, sparked with interest at my question. He grinned magnificently. I always loved his eyes. They were the key to telling his current emotion. Some say the eyes are the gateway to the soul, the grey pools were definitely the entrance to his being. "Our date? Now that, Gorgeous, is classified information."

"Classified? Doesn't Callie know?"

Sirius shrugged, "what Remus likes to inform his date is none of my concern. But you, seeing as you're my date, get a surprise."

I rolled my eyes, "whatever," trying to seem slightly annoyed but secretly loving the fact that he wanted it to be a surprise for me.

He grinned and continued to lead the way as we walked the short distance to the center of London.

"Dancing?" I finally asked as we came to a stop in front of a small restaurant.

"Dancing." Sirius smirked. He grabbed my hand and pulled me into the building after Callie and Remus. "Dinner or dancing first?"

I pursed my lips in thought before answering, "dinner first, I'm sure you'll make me dance off the calories."

He smirked, "very true. Right this way," he placed his hand on the small of my back and steered the way towards the booth Remus and Callie had already claimed. They sat on one side of the booth, leaving Sirius and I the other side. He allowed me to enter the booth before scooting in next to me. He placed himself next to me, closer than I was sure James would approve.

The waitress arrived and handed us menus. As she was looking at Sirius, dressed in his suit, he leaned towards me, wrapping an arm around me. Sirius, now ignoring his own menu and the waitress, looked through my menu over my shoulder.

Remus, apparently already knowing what he wanted, ordered his meal, and Callie followed soon after. "I'll have the grilled chicken." I ordered, and Sirius asked for the same.

The waitress nodded and left. I expected Sirius to move away since he was done looking at the menu, but he stayed within inches of me.

Our food arrived within ten minutes of ordering it and we were done eating after forty-five minutes.

"Ready to dance?" There was a gleam in Sirius' eyes as he questioned me. I rolled my eyes but agreed.

He slid out of the booth and held his hand out to me. I accepted his arm and together, we walked towards the dance floor where couples swayed back and forth in harmony to the song blaring over the speaker boxes.

Sirius looked far too excited to dance, but I didn't really mind. He was a good dancer.

After a few songs, he excused himself, leaving me alone on the side of the dance floor. I huffed, watching him walk away, and crossed me arms.

"Would you care to dance?" A voice came from my left.

I turned and pursed my lips. The boy who spoke was staring at me, waiting for my answer. "I'm not sure. I'm kind of on a date right now," I trailed off, eyeing the stranger.

He flicked his blonde hair out of his eyes and smiled at me, "come on, just one dance? Where's your date anyways? If I had a girl as pretty as you, I wouldn't leave her by her lonesome where some other bloke could make a move on her."

I frowned at his words, "I'm not really sure." I glanced over my shoulder where Sirius had disappeared, "I mean we were just dancing, but then he excused himself and left me here."

"Well at least let me keep you company."

I shrugged, agreeing. "I'm Bex."

"Trevor."

I nodded, not really sure what to say next.

He chuckled, amused by our forced conversation. "Where do you think your date went?" He tried to start the conversation back up.

"Not sure." I made a face and sighed, slightly disappointed.

"Well what's his name?"

"Sirius."

"Want me to have a talk with this Sirius bloke?" When I laughed lightly he felt the need to defend himself, "we're mates now, we've bonded in these last couple minutes. We're practically the best mates anyone has ever seen."

I laughed, Trevor joined in. And that's how Sirius found us, laughing and discussing our new friendship.

"What's this?" His voice surprised me, it ceased our laughter and started Trevor's glare.

"Who are you?" Trevor interrogated, his eyes examining Sirius.

"Sirius Black," he glared at Trevor, who had moved in front of me as a sign of protection.

"Oh, so you're Sirius?" He loosened up and looked at him curiously. "Where've you been? You're lucky I was here to fight off all the pricks here. Should have seen how many blokes were looking at her."

I rolled my eyes. He was definitely over exaggerating.

Sirius looked him over, "I was requesting a song, if you must know. Who are you anyways. How do you know her?"

Trevor shrugged, "we just spent the last couple minutes bonding. We're now best mates. My name's Trevor."

"Well, thanks I guess," Sirius nodded in appreciation and Trevor gave a nod back. Guys were weird. They had their own little nod language.

"Later Bex, it was nice bonding with you. If any guys start hitting on you, just let them know that you're best mates with Trevor Wilson. They'll back off, trust me." He smiled at me before walking off.

"We have a song request," a voice spoke over the sound system. Sirius grabbed my arm and pulled me onto the the dance floor as the opening notes began to play.

I was surprised. Did he really go to such lengths for me? I looked at him curiously, "was this you?"

"Who else do you think would have requested this song?" Sirius asked.

I smiled softly as the lyrics played and we danced.

Our song. He suggested our song.

-----------------------

Hope you all like it. How's everyone doing? Good, yeah?

Please comment, vote, share, fan, and follow! Thanks!

Happy birthday to Grace, I feel kinda bad because I was going to update it on your birthday, but then I figured you'd be asleep when I was ready to do it so I waited. But then I had work and it was about two in the morning in Australia so I'm doing it now. Hopefully you aren't sleeping in too late. I want you to be one of the first to read it, seeing as it's your present. Happy birthday.