Quiet Mornings

Chapter 2: Quiet Mornings
-Bex p.o.v.-

I groaned slightly, something heavy pressing against my chest and a soft snoring sound filled the room. What was on me and why was it so heavy? Was all I could think at the moment, that and why it was snoring.

Sebastian didn't snore, that was for sure, and he wasn't this heavy either. His little kitten body was probably less than five pounds. He was that small while in his transformation. So it couldn't have been him on me.

And that's when it hit me, with my eyes still closed, squinted shut tight against the glare of light shining through the curtains that were my eyelids. I wasn't at Hogwarts. The school year was over. So where was I? Finally, I opened my eyes, taking a minute to adjust.

I looked down at what was on top of me and was surprised to see that is was not a thing, but a person. Of course, things could not snore, but a girl could hope.

I poked and prodded at the person, whose head was resting on my chest, closer to my stomach than my breasts. His arms were wrapped around my waist and his legs were tangled in mine. It was strange that I hadn't noticed the extent of our bodily contact before. The boy didn't wake up.

I huffed, rolling my eyes at Sirius.

His arms, previously wrapped around my waist, in a comfortable position, had been wriggled down just below my bum and his head was slowly inching towards my lower region. I stopped my wiggling around, for every time I moved, I was putting myself in a dangerous and extremely uncomfortable position.

I glanced around for some sort of help, anything that could help me with my compromised situation. My eyes landed on my wand.

After a small mental argument with myself over the pros and cons of using magic to get Sirius off of me, I followed through my decision with a small wave of my wand. Sirius' arms were easily moved from around me and I gently lifted his head from where it had been resting and placed it on a soft pillow.

What I found surprising was the fact that it had not been Sirius snoring. Now that I was about to actually sit up properly, I spotted a sleeping James at the foot of the bed, his soft snoring and whimpering surrounding the bed room that I recognized as his.

Remus was lying on a couch that must have been new, or moved into the room for the night. His long legs hung off the edge of the small love seat. A blanket covered him, which he cuddled into, using his arm as a pillow.

Peter was lying on the floor beneath Remus, his snoring had been the thunderous sounds I had heard earlier. Peter was softly shifting positions, no more noise coming from him. He must be awake now, or half-asleep.

I quietly got up from the bed, remembering that we had all entered late last night, after a long supper and dessert. I had asked to borrow one of James' shirts to bed, I was sleeping in his old Quidditch jersey. It must have been from one of his first year on the team because it was a chaser jersey. We had then fallen asleep quite quickly, in the same places I had found everyone in this morning. Except for my position with Sirius. That didn't happen until after we were asleep.

I wandered down to the kitchen, surprised to see a note pinned on the fridge.

Children,
Charlus left for work early this morning and I have an early brunch with the girls from my book club. I won't return until just before dinner, and Charlus won't be home until much later tonight. I trust you can take care of yourselves for the day. There are some left overs in the fridge if all else fails. Have a wonderful day, I love you all.
Eleanor

I placed the note on the counter and searched for some breakfast food. I was rummaging through the fridge when I heard shuffling behind me. With a quick glance back, I smiled at Peter, "morning Peter, would you like to help me make some breakfast?"