Fear

Chapter 6: Fear
-Bex p.o.v.-

Tom stood from his chair after dismissing the Death-Munchers. I was still so enveloped with my magic tiles that I hadn't even noticed that the meeting had ended. "Love, it's good to have you here and everything, but I wasn't expecting you for another few weeks. I was actually going to send you a letter later this week about you coming to visit."

I glanced up from scooping the tiles back into their bag, "yeah, I just ran into Rosier and he said I could come with him."

Tom raised an eyebrow, "is that so? Why is Bex Dumbledore really in my house?" Tom questioned aloud and reached around me to grab a handful of tiles. He sent the tile on the table in front of us and watched as they moved to form a sentence.

I looked in horror as they formed the true reason I was at Tom's house. "So I'm not here to eat your food? They told me that you would make me a sandwich earlier!"

"Yes, but I think the true reason has something to do with the fight they mention." He spoke softly, gesturing to the tiles and what they had said was the reason, "how about I make you a sandwich and you tell me all about this fight? Sound good?"

"Yeah, alright." I nodded with a shrug.

Tom lead the way to the kitchen and the few Death-Munchers that had been residing in there quickly left. He pulled out all of the ingredients and made his famous sandwiches for us. I sat on the counter watching him make them with such precision and technique. I wondered where he learned to make them, who had taught him such a wonderful recipe.

"Ready?" He asked after finishing.

"Yeah," I hopped down, noticing a woman come in and start cleaning up the mess.

We made our way through the house and up to Tom's room with the sandwiches. I sat cross-legged on his soft comforter and he sat down next to me, giving me one of the plates.

It had been a while since I was last in Tom's room. The walls were a soft blue color and the carpet was white. His bed spread was pitch black and stood out against the light colors of the room. He had an oak dresser and a nightstand to match.

"Tell me all about why you're here, now. Take your time," he smiled softly at me. His dark eyes searched mine curiously as he waited patiently for me to explain my troubles to him.

I couldn't help but feel a soft warmth spread through me. Tom was too kind to me, he was there for me. If he wasn't a mass murderer, we would actually be really great friends. Maybe more. He was charming and kind and I was sure that if he wanted, he'd be able to make me fall in love with him. Quite easily in fact.

"I got into a fight with Ozzy because he kept telling me to stop acting so immature." I looked down at my plate with a frown. "He's always the one to bust me out when it comes to me getting in trouble. All the times I had to go to the police station, he is the one I call for help. When I'm in a bind, he is the one that is the first to get to me. When I'm in trouble, he's the one to save me. You know?"

Tom nodded for me to continue.

"I can always count on him to save me. He's the most reliable person I've had in my life for a long time. But slowly, he's starting to slip away from me. He's not saving me anymore. He's not saving me like he used to." I sighed lightly, running a hand through my hair. "You understand that he's my opposite, right?" I looked at Tom for confirmation. "I'm fire and he's water. He is the only one that can calm me when I get in one of those frenzies. And recently, he's been the one to start them."

Tom placed an arm around me in comfort, pulling me closer to his side.

"He's suppose to be my savior, he's the one that should be saving me. But he's causing the problems. He's the source of my pain." I clenched my hands tightly, forming fists. "He told me to grow up, to act my age. But what if I don't want to? What if I want to stay young forever? He's not my father, he can't just tell me what to do."