Dark Mark

Chapter 7: Dark Mark
-Bex p.o.v.-

I woke up to an empty bed, the sun shining through the heavy curtains and birds chirping softly. Sitting up, I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and yawned, glancing around the room. Slowly, I stood and made my way out of the room.

Tom looked up when I entered the dining room. He smiled and stood, "good morning, Love. Did you have a good sleep?"

I nodded, walking towards him leisurely. "Yeah, I slept great. How about you?"

"Wonderful." He chuckled, pulling my usual chair out for me. I sat down, noticing a few Death-Munchers were sitting around the table. They were in their own quiet conversations, but when I walked in, they adverted their eyes, bowing their heads as a sign of respect.

"Have you got any meetings today? Anything you must do?" I asked, dishing myself some eggs. I glanced up from my plate to look at Tom, then looked back down to make sure I wasn't getting myself too much to eat.

Tom waited silently as I finished getting my food. When I was done, I looked up at him impatiently, he just grinned at me. It was a breathtaking smile, one I loved to see on his face.

"What? Are you going to tell me if you have any plans today?" I asked slightly irritated, but significantly less annoyed because of his smile.

"I do have plans today. I have a few meetings to take care of things." He told me, his smile still in place.

"Well why are you grinning about that?" I questioned with narrowed eyes. My wonderful morning was now the start of a horribly boring day.

He smiled wider, taking my hand in his. My right hand, the one that had his ring on the ring finger. "Because, Love, I've got a surprise for you." His thumb stroked the back of my hand softly.

I rolled my eyes slightly, "something that will keep my from dying of boredom while you're in those stupid meetings?"

He chuckled, shrugging a bit. "Hopefully."

"What is it?" I asked, curious now. "I hate surprises. Just tell me already." I basically begged Tom to tell me the news.

"Well," he began. "I've been talking to a family of purebloods, they support my cause and are giving me their son to have in my ranks."

I nodded, not at all seeing where this was going. "And this makes me not bored because?"

"I hear he's fond of you." He simply stated, lifting up his glass.

"Fond of me?" I inquired, slightly shocked. "A-are you trying to set me up?" I watched him hesitantly, disturbed at what was happening.

Tom choked on the drink he had brought up to his lips. "Merlin no!" He managed to sputter, still choking. When he finally was able to get control over the coughing he looked at me in horror. "What I was trying to say was that you and him are friends! He's joining your little bunch of followers within my ranks."

My eyes widened, "oh, well that makes much more sense." I flicked my hair from in my face, looking up at him curiously, "who is it?"

"And that, my dear, is the surprise." He chuckled, "you'll meet him later today."

I frowned in thought, the only one who came to my mind was Regulus. But he couldn't. He told me he'd join later. I didn't want him to be in harms way this early into the game.

I nodded, "alright." I smiled at Tom, my heart aching at the thought of Regulus. "I can't wait to meet whomever it is."

"Lucius and Narcissa are off with him, helping him to get ready for the induction. That will happen in an hour or so. You'll meet him after he's already been marked." Tom explained nonchalantly, taking a bite of his food.