Dark Magic

Chapter 5: Dark Magic
-Bex p.o.v.-

"Rosier!" I threw myself into his waiting arms, hugging him. "Rosier, you won't believe what happened!"

"Running away again?" He asked softly, knowing full well what was happening.

I nodded, frowning.

"How do you feel about coming with me, then?" He offered, "I was just running some errands for the boss."

Hesitantly, I glanced behind myself, searching for someone. When no one came into sight I grinned at Rosier. "Yeah. Let's go before someone follows me."

Rosier grinned back at me, his dark skin allowed him to almost go unseen, the only thing causing him to stick out was his yellowish teeth and the whites of his eyes. He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the alleyway and down the opposite side of the street. Rosier chuckled lightly and we ducked around a corner as someone's voice echoed through the night.

He aparated us away from James' house. We landed in another alleyway and I looked around for some sign of where we were. Rosier pulled me along, out into the cobblestone street.

Finally I saw a sign, Knockturn Alley. I grew curious. Never had I been down this street, I had always been told never to go down it while in Diagon Alley. But with Rosier, I was allowed to go anywhere. And I liked that. Rosier was good company, he didn't suffocate me with commands or stay too far away to seem as if he didn't care. He was there.

Rosier looked over his shoulder at me, making sure I was still with him. He grabbed a hold of my hand when he saw me still standing there, looking around in wonder. "Stay close to me. If you get hurt, it'll be off with my head." He chuckled slightly, "come along, sweetheart."

I followed behind Rosier, looking everywhere I could. The street was dark and felt dangerous but was so fascinating. I couldn't get enough of it. It just felt so different. The shops looks dark and dangerous and fun.

People stood on both sides of the streets. Some wore torn clothing, some were dirty, and all of them were looking at me like I was a piece of fresh meat. Rosier pulled me closer to his side and we walked along.

"This way," Rosier gestured me into a shop, Borgin and Burkes. "Don't touch anything," he warned, moving to the counter.

I stood in the middle of the crowded room, looking around at all of the magical objects. The room was filled with cursed, charmed, and magical things. Some were bad, some were helpful and some were worthy of a prankster.

I gaped at a pouch full of tiles. The plaque on their shelf talked a bit more about them:

The Tiles of Dodona, the great oracle, taken from her tomb. Ask a question and the tiles will spell the answer.

I gasped lightly, staring at it in wonder. "Rosier," I hissed quietly at him.

He glanced over his shoulder at me, still waiting for someone to come to the counter. "Yeah?"

"Rosier! You have to buy these for me! Please?" I begged him, giving him my best puppy dog eyes.

He rolled his dark eyes at me, "I don't think I can buy you any dark magic." He chuckled. "The Dark Lord might get angry with me."

"Please, Rosier! He doesn't need to know!" I bargained, hurrying to his side so I could beg him.

"May I help you?" A deep voice interrupted us from over the counter. Rosier and I turned to face the man who had spoken while I was trying to persuade Rosier into getting my way. "What brings you to my store?"