Love At Last

Chapter 18: Love At Last

-Bex p.o.v.-

What happens now?

What a stupid thing to ask myself. The possibilities are endless. But the only things I truly cared about was whether or not Sirius felt the same way I did, and what he was going to do about it.

Sirius obviously knew what to do and he acted on it.

The corridor was empty, the other three boys had already left and had probably already busied themselves with something to do during the silent minutes Sirius and I spent staring at each other. The lights were dim, seeing as it was late at night, nearing ten thirty, the whole neighbourhood was calm and settled. My heart fluttered as I watched Sirius watch me.

And then it happened. Sirius stepped forward, closer to me. His movements were much more decisive than mine had been earlier. He placed his hands on my waist, I wasn't sure what to do with mine but settled for resting them on his shoulders. And it hapened.

He kissed me. I was a second too slow on responding but quickly pushed away the surprise and kissed him back.

He stole the first kiss. Begged for the second. And now he had demanded for the third.

And I think, by far, our third kiss has been our best.

Sirius was the one to pull away, although reluctantly. His eyes searched mine, "tell me you felt it. Tell me you felt the same thing I did."

Slowly, I nodded. I felt it all right. I had been feeling it for weeks now- ever since I knew whom I loved. "Yeah." I breathed out a soft, blissful sigh, "I felt it."

He grinned, his grip around me becoming tighter as he pulled me to his chest in a deep hug. His nose found a home in the crook of my neck, nuzzling into me.

The night was spent with Sirius and I cuddling on the couch. Well, as much of cuddling as Sirius would allow for. He seemed to be a bigger fan of himself lying on the couch and myself lying across his chest, listening to his heart beat as he played with a strand of my hair.

Not that I was complaining.

I wasn't sure when I fell asleep, but when I woke the next morning, we weren't in my house. Instead, I was curled up next to Sirius, on James' bed- James at the foot of the bed, bringing up memories of one of the past summer mornings.

Slipping out of Sirius' grip was harder than it had been before. Almost like he didn't want to release me, even in his unconsious state. I nearly blushed at the thought.

I quietly exited the room, leaving James and Sirius to sleep peacefully a little while longer. In the kitchen, there was a note from Mrs. Potter.

Its' contents contained questions over my date, instructions for today, and even a list of chores she wanted us to do before she returned in the afternoon.

I wasn't impressed with the chore list.

Digging through the fridge, I was pleasantly surprised to find a green apple sitting in one of the drawers. With an apple in my hand, I glanced through the chore list once more. And that's how Sirius found me.

"Morning Gorgeous, how did you sleep?" Sirius asked, placing a soft kiss on the top of my head.

Gorgeous, there it was again. Oh how I loved when he called me that.

"Just fine, how did you sleep?" I questioned, my eyes following him as he made his way over to the kettle and poured himself a cup of tea.

"Better than I have in a long time," he chuckled lightly, perching himself on the stool next to me.