Full Of Change

Chapter 30: Full Of Change
Peter: Cause And Effect

Peter Pettigrew was not always as bad as some like to think. Despite popular belief, he was a good friend and a nice person.

As stated previously, the changing factor in the Marauders, was the death of Charlus and Eleanor Potter. We recieved a broken James that matured and tried to avenge his parents, a reckless Sirius Black that lost his way without a pair of honorary parents, a depressed Remus left alone in a changing world, and a clueless Peter with no true guidance.

We have discussed all but one of the Marauders. Last, but certainly not least, we have Peter.

Peter Pettigrew, as some like to point out is a follower rather than a leader. But where is the harm in that? Don't all great leaders need loyal followers? And Peter could be as loyal as any. In fact, I like to think that he was worthy of great things.

Peter Pettigrew was clueless. He needed guidance and Charlus filled that role. Charlus, who understood that the young boy needed an adult, one that knew about the Wizarding World, to help him on his path. And to Peter, there was no better mentor than Charlus Potter, think of how he idolized James, whom looked so alike with Peter's wonderful mentor.

And with the sudden death of Charlus, this leaves Peter alone. He has no mentor anymore. No one to help him along. He is alone.

And that, my dear friends is when we are most tempted.

The true cause of Peter Pettigrew's switch was the tragic death of Charlus Potter. And the effect, you ask? The death of James Potter.

While left in the dark, Peter jumps at the first chance to gain some guidance; he is willing at the first oppertunity to seem important; he is excited to make a change. And that comes in the form of Lord Voldemort.

Tom is intelligent and quick on his feet. He is cunning and manipulative. He tricks Peter easily.

Peter is scared and lonely. He doesn't know what to do. He is lost and all alone, left to choose by himself. Until a handsome boy happens along him and offers him a chance; until Tom Riddle gives him a spot within his ranks.

Peter is ecstatic. No one has ever trusted him with as much power as this Voldemort guy is. Peter isn't alone anymore, he is surrounded with other people just like him; kids that need a person to lead them.

The others, his friends, the Marauders, they are no longer around like they used to be. Peter finds himself hanging around with Tom and his Death Eaters more often.

And then they make him do something unforgivable. He has to give up James. He is torn between the two groups. Who does he turn to? He is unsure. Until it hits him. James is never around. James forgot about him. He is too busy with Lily and Harry. So Peter, bitter and angry and feeling betrayed, chooses Voldemort.

And suddenly, he's not alone anymore. The Death Eaters trust him and he feels accepted.

But Harry lives. Voldemort is dead. Peter is alone once more. Alone and lost, left feeling the worst he thinks he has ever felt.

He betrayed them. He turned on them. James is dead, Lily is dead, Sirius is imprisoned, Remus is depressed.

When Voldemort comes back, Peter is already in too deep. He doesn't know how to get out, but manages to dig himself in deeper.

He is lost and lonely, wishing he was dead.

And then he is. He is dead for Harry, whom looks so like James, whom looks identical to Charlus.

In his last moments alive, his thoughts flint back to Charlus, to his old mentor. And in the haze of his prolonged death, he imagines that Harry is in fact Charlus.

----------------------

Hey guys! So I guess you guys can see that I have some Peter feels. He is a Marauder and I will not exclude him. He isn't all bad and he did have motive for changing sides. As I like to point out, no one is born bad, something happens that causes the change.

This is my head cannon on why Peter changed. I think that he changed, just as all of the other Marauders did when the Potter's died. I hope you guys like my head cannon, I'm like obsessed with it.

Anyways, thanks for reading. Feel free to comment, vote, share, fan, and follow and any other stuff as well.

Much love! xx

P.S. I'm really sorry it took so long for an update. I've been a bit busy with other stuff and this has been on the back burner. But I am happy to say that I will be updating much more often and I'm really excited for the story to get back on with the regular plot (which it will just as soon as I finish with Remus' and Bex's change) because I have some stuff planned for Bex's seventh year!