CHAPTER 2 : INSECURITIES

Sam made sure to make me feel appreciated and loved.

She constantly told me that she was lucky to have me in her life and told me over and over how I was perfect.

I don't know what she sees in me. How can I even be perfect?

I have no money, no status, no accomplishments.

I managed to get where I am now because I kept Sam as my motivation and strived to be near her but that's where I'll always be, struggling to catch her shadow.

I want to stand proudly beside Sam! I hated myself for being born poor! For being born as a girl! If only I was born as a man, I could proudly declare her as mine! If only I was born an heiress, maybe her grandma wouldn't have opposed us as much. Maybe just maybe she would allow us to get married. I wanted more and I know it's wrong when we have struggled so hard just to get this far.

I had those thoughts repeatedly shouting in my brain and it's eating my sanity away.

I became more restless and less happy everybody saw the signs but when they asked, I would just simply smile and tell them I was all right.

Of course, I don't think they actually believed me but I'm happy that they didn't probe further.

I didn't know how to explain it to them even if I tried so it's better this way.

Sam's company bloomed.

After we got together, Sam worked harder, and it showed results.

Her grandma poured funds into her business and without the added pressure and stress of getting married, along with timely decisions and innovative ideas she got us to the top.

She hired even more employees and expanded her business.

She started putting out businesses in other countries, tackled on all industries and continued to rise.

The past 2 years felt like a blur.

Mergers and acquisitions, business trips, meetings, interviews & photoshoots.

Now Diversity was known not only in Thailand but all-around Asia.

I'm proud to see how far Sam has gotten. She deserved it! She was always capable of more.

She just needed to capitalize on what she has and use it fully and use it she did.

Being a descendant of royalty helped but it can only do so much.

Sam's success was due to her hard work, passion and dedication.

Sam made sure to bring me everywhere she went.

For her it was only natural to be with me and I was thankful that she still chose to be with me.

I resented myself all the more though. I felt left out. I felt left behind.

When she attended events and I was right beside her, I felt like a PA more than a girlfriend.

I tried my best to smile and walk with her with dignity but in front of the cameras I was a nobody.

Her relationship status is often the topic that people are most interested in.

I can see the countless glances and stares from powerful men all around us and I can't do anything about it.

I pretended to be unbothered, but it was impossible to not feel anything.

Her telling everybody she was single didn't help.

I knew why and understood that it was something that she must do for us but hearing her say it in front of ravenous males was gutting me.

****†****†****†****†****†****

Hi guys!
Thanks for reading!

Who here relates to Mon's insecurities?
Is it hard to love an alpha?

Comment, vote , share pls :)
Hope u guys will share the journey of completing this story with me!