CHAPTER 34 : PRIVACY

The doctor finally came out and just right about time! I was about to charge right in and demand an update!

I rushed to him and asked how was Mon.

Doctor: The operation was successful. We have managed to deal with the most urgent concerns.

There will be a chest tube placed in her lungs to evacuate any residual air. This will be kept there for a couple of days to weeks depending on the patient's healing ability. She will also still be under assisted ventilation until she regains full capacity to breathe on her own.

Her ribs will heal with time but it will be uncomfortable and painful for a while.
U have to advise the patient, when she wakes up to be patient and to limit movements for the meantime.

Though the operation was successful, the next 24 hours is crucial for the patient.

We will know if brain damage exist and the gravity of it when she wakes up.

There are some follow up tests that need to be run in order for us to know the full extent of the damage.

We are transferring to the ICU. We will restrict visitors until she has stabilized, so you can decide to go home first to rest and we will notify u for any changes.

(The news that the doctor gave us was bittersweet.
I'm happy that Mon was at least alive! Happy that the surgery was successful but there was still nothing said about the underlying effects that this incident may have caused her.

We again have to wait and we don't even know how long it would take this time!
All he said was the next 24 hours would be crucial

Why aren't they giving us straight data. We need to understand what we are waiting for!

This is so annoying! My temper and patience has been getting the best of me the entire day! I was trying to calm down as best as I could since I didn't want to make a scene in front of Mon's parents! That will only hate me more, so i need to calm down!)

Kate: Let's go home PP! Let's grab something to eat, sleep for a bit and get u into newer clothes. Let's also get Mon's things in preparation for when she wakes up.

S: No. I will stay here!

Kate: Sam... Staying won't be doing any good. Mon won't wake up any faster.
Go home, sleep, take a bath, eat and come back after. You need a break!

Dad: we will take the first watch. go home first Sam. We will let u know if anything happens to Mon.

S: no it's ok. I'm still ok. I'll stay with Mon!

(I said this firmly. No one could've changed my mind!
I will never leave Mon! I need to know that she's ok first before I can afford any rest. I'm afraid if I sleep now, i'll wake up when it's already too late! So i won't sleep. I won't leave! I'll stay right here! Please wake up soon Mon. I miss you! I want to see u! I just need to know ur ok. That's all i want. Once ur ok i can sleep then.)

Kate: sigh Sam! U really need to rest. You've been through a lot today too. Mon wouldn't want to see u like this.

S: she needs to wake up first to see me like this and I wouldn't leave her side until she does.

Tee: Kate let's give up. When Sam's like this no one could change her mind.

Kate: i could think of 1 person that could

Tee: well Mon is currently occupied so that's not gonna work

Kate: i was referring to her grandma

Jim: nooo!!! She will not change Sam's mind! She'll just force her to follow! That's a different story! Grandma is bad news! Don't you even dare! That's a horrible idea!!!