020; talk to lover boy

just friends just friends just friends

just friends
just friends
just friends

-
MATT'S EYES SCANNED AROUND THE PARTY AS HE TRIED TO FIGURE OUT WHERE CAMERON WAS. she had been avoiding him since his whole tangent the night before and he was scared that she really was upset over the whole thing.

he kind of did go over the top while trying to sell that he didn't have any feelings for her and he could see why she could've gotten offended. chris, nick, and nate had all assured him that she wasn't upset but the fact that she was avoiding him just gave it away to him.

he texted her a couple times throughout the day and sent her some tik tok's but the most he got were small replies that weren't enough to keep the conversation going and some reactions to the messages.

and then when he face timed her to ask her opinion on what shirt to wear she said she was still trying to get ready and couldn't pick up. though she still gave her opinion when he sent the pictures.

so it was weird. was she mad or was he just overthinking it? i mean it was obvious matt was an over thinker. he literally fell into rabbit holes over small situations all the time. but he usually could tell when it came to these kinds of situations. though right now he really didn't understand cameron and how she processed everything.

"alright we've been here for an hour, are you going to at least have some fun?" nate had just approached matt after going to socialize to these people he had never met before. matt furrowed his eyebrows and pocketed his phone.

"i am having fun what are you talking about?"

"you've stood here this entire time matt looking at your phone every three seconds. i haven't even seen you speak to one person." nate continued, watching matt try to subtly take out his phone again.

"fine whatever. i'm waiting for ronnie. i know she's here already i just can't find her." matt shrugged and nathan just narrowed his eyes at him before snatching his phone out of his hand. "what the actual fuck nat—"

"you'll get it back when you actually go and look for her." he spoke before rushing off so matt could lose him in the crowd.

"moron." matt groaned before calling out after nate. "i was going anyways!"

"yeah sure!" nate called back, laughing as he disappeared into the crowd.

cameron was going around making sure everything in the party was flowing easily. which was probably why matt had yet to see her. tilly and nick were trying to get her to loosen up and stop worrying so much but cam just wanted everything to stay special for nessa's day. they gave up though, knowing that she wouldn't relax until the birthday girl herself told her too.

"okay the booth is all set up for the pictures, we're good on that, what else are we miss—" cameron rushed around the crowd of people, the '20s themed curls they had done earlier bouncing around with her. "where in the world is the food?" nessa laughed at the girl as she followed behind her, trying to catch up. cam froze, looking at where all the food that was supposed to be already ready to serve was not currently there.