Chapter 4

Mingxi noticed the way Zhao Yuning hesitated although he obviously looked like he wanted to say something. However, she couldn't be bothered by it.

She was a decisive person. She would either have everything or nothing at all. She would put in all her effort for just one thing, but when her efforts are not reflected in the results, she would stop before she suffers a loss.

Currently, for her, the Zhao family was precisely the one 'loss' she wanted to stop.

Whether or not Zhao Yuning could get used to this was a matter for him to deal with.

No matter what, it was impossible for her to be like how she was in her past life, whereby she would still prepare his lunch beforehand just because she thought of him as her biological younger brother.

After Mingxi sat down, He Yang also quickly filled up her plate and came over. She brought two pieces of dessert and gave them to Mingxi. "You made these at my family's shop last weekend. You're really good at this, even my dad said that it was delicious! You haven't even tried these two yet, so I used some dry ice to preserve it and brought it today for you to have a taste!"

Mingxi was driven by hunger. Just as she was about to open the packaging, she thought of something and kept the delicate package instead. "I'll eat it in class later."

"Sure, little pauper." He Yang laughed.

As Mingxi looked at her, she couldn't help but to recall her best friend He Yang's ending in her past life.

In the novel, He Yang could be considered as an average cannon fodder villain. Due to the fact that she had a short temper, was always on her side and hated Zhao Yuan, every time she saw Zhao Yuan she would say a few mean words.

Then, as a brainless female supporting character, she would be forced to eat her words by Zhao Yuan and the people around her— As this occurrence continued to repeat itself, her family's business began to deteriorate and she no longer had the time to pick on Zhao Yuan.

Although this was way better than her terminal illness ending, when she thought of how pitiful Uncle He looked with his hair half gray a few years later, Mingxi felt anguished.

"There hasn't been any problems with your dad's business recently, right?"

He Yang rolled her eyes at Mingxi while biting on her chopsticks. "What problems could there be? You should worry about yourself instead. You still have a lot of matters to settle. Has Zhao Yuan recovered from her allergy?"

It was only three years later when He Yang's family hired a new marketing manager did problems start to arise in their business. As this person who will betray He Yang's father had yet to appear, there shouldn't be any huge problems for now.

However, in this life she will definitely keep an eye out for He Yang. She will never allow anything bad to happen to He Yang and her family anymore.

"I moved out. I'm living in school now."

"What the heck? Just because of a small matter of Zhao Yuan's allergy, your family kicked you out? Who exactly is the biological daughter here?!" He Yang almost exploded out of anger.

"Lower down your voice!" Mingxi hurriedly pulled her to sit down. "They didn't kick me out, I wanted to move out on my own. Speaking of this, I need your help to find a way to earn money."

He Yang got even angrier. "The Zhao family even cut off your financial resources? I'm so pissed off. I think this whole thing must've been plotted and acted out by that b*tch Zhao Yuan. Although I hate her, it's not to the extent of triggering her allergy— But I do want to try."