Chapter 10

Ke Chengwen diffidently chose not to answer this question. Instead, he directly changed the topic. "Xi ge, why don't you just get someone to move her table back?"

Fu Yangxi raised an eyebrow as a form of warning: "?"

Ke Chengwen was oblivious to the danger around him as he continued to plan, "Or you could beat around the bush. You can force the homeroom teacher to arrange for you guys to sit together. Then when she's here, you can pretend as if you're pissed because the homeroom teacher forced you guys to sit together. Wouldn't that conveniently allow her to sit back here? It could also save you from the possibility of getting cervical spondylosis because of how you have been continuously turning to look at her."

When Fu Yangxi heard the last sentence, he almost picked up a book to hurl it at Ke Chengwen's head. "She's the one pursuing me, not the other way around! When did you see that I wanted her to move back here?"

Ke Chengwen retracted his head.

Fu Yangxi was about to explode in anger. "Why did you come up with such a messed up idea? Did I say that I wanted to be her desk mate? Didn't you see that I was getting better sleep due to her minding her own business for the whole of this morning?"

"Yes." Ke Chengwen quickly agreed with his words. "Like I said, why would Xi ge want her to be his desk mate?"

Fu Yangxi scoffed arrogantly.

Ke Chengwen continued to suck-up to him. "Sigh, I think that the transfer student doesn't know how to appreciate favors. She actually wants to try playing hard to get with you."

However, Fu Yangxi furrowed his brows. "How could you talk about her like that?"

Ke Chengwen: "...?"

Fu Yangxi said, "It's only normal for her to be sad because I moved her table away so early in the morning. Don't gauge the heart of a girl with your own mean measure. 'Playing hard to get' is such a bad term."

Ke Chengwen: "—"

Fine. It was his fault.

It's so difficult to survive as a male.

Two periods of afternoon class passed in the blink of an eye.

As there was an evening self-study session today, the teachers of various subjects gave a little more homework. Furthermore, as Mingxi was busy answering the messages on the discussion about replacing some students for exams, she couldn't spend time on figuring out ways to approach Fu Yangxi.

She looked at her pot which had not grown at all today. It was still stuck at seven buds. She felt a little worried. "Fu Yangxi hates me. He's unwilling to sit beside me. What other ideas do you have so that I can increase a lot of my luck in one shot?"

If she only relied on running errands for him or giving him sweets, only two or three buds would grow each time and that was far too slow.

She didn't know how long she would need to keep this up.

The system said: "You have read novels before, right?"

Mingxi: "Yeah. I read a lot of them."

The system asked: "When you read those novels, which parts would make your heartbeat speed up in happiness?"

Mingxi thought for a moment before saying, "That would naturally be when the main characters make physical contact with each other."

"That's it," the system said. "Your actions of sending Fu Yangxi gifts and helping him run laps can only be perceived by the readers of the original novel as you turning from a side character to one of his followers. Although they might feel better about you, it's not much— Will you remember the followers of a popular character? Therefore your luck won't increase by a lot when you do these things."