Chapter 45

Mingxi realized that she was acting as if she had gnawed on a green apple. Her words came out sour before she could stop it. She was a little embarrassed and felt out of place suddenly, so she quickly changed the subject. "Wait, let me find the room card."

She opened the door, raised her hand and inserted the room's access card into the slot.

The lights turned on and the air conditioner buzzed.

Fu Yangxi followed in. He bent over and placed a large box of gifts on the floor by the wall.

Realizing that he had actually entered Zhao Mingxi's hotel room and that there must be a lot of clothes on the girl's bed, Fu Yangxi's ears went red and he dared not look up.

He stiffly returned to the door. As he was big and tall, his head was about to hit the upper frame of the door. He completely blocked the light outside the corridor.

"What in the world did you give?" When Mingxi came back and took off her coat and jacket, she couldn't help squatting over to open the present.

Fu Yangxi's heart jumped and he rushed over to hold the gift box. "Little Mask, you're too impatient. Can't wait for me to leave before taking it apart? I'm still here—"

Before he finished speaking, both of them realized that the distance between them was a little too close.

Both felt the temperature of the other's skin coming through the clothes and a thin layer of air.

Zhao Mingxi squatted there like a small ball. Fu Yangxi bent down from the top of her head to hold the box. If his posture was lower, his chin could touch the top of her hair.

How would it feel if my chin touches the top of a girl's hair? It should be gentle, like knocking on silk, right?

Fu Yangxi lowered his eyes and looked at her. From his point of view, he could see the tip of her pretty white nose, the thin sweater on her back and the outline of the girl's slender spine. Her black hair hung down with a little scent of shampoo.

C-Cute.

Fu Yangxi swallowed. The tip of his heart seemed to be swept away by her long hair, for it felt numb and itchy.

Meanwhile, Mingxi's fingers which were opening the box curled up into the shape of a lid. She stared at the outline of Fu Yangxi's shadow in front of her, feeling the hormonal breath of the boy behind her and his warm body.

His black down jacket was unzipped and the dry scent seemed to penetrate the tip of her nose, wrapping her from head to toe with warmth.

Mingxi felt a little dizzy and stiff as well.

If she hadn't noticed that she liked him before, she could still be open and honest, and she would act naturally despite being so close to him.

However, once she noticed it, every minute of every second of contact was like a little mouse stealing lamp oil, making her feel guilty.

—I'm acting so stiff and weird. Will he find out that I like him?

Mingxi's heart jumped to her throat.

She leaned aside quickly and got out from under the motion of him leaning over.

Mingxi's movements were a bit funny. She staggered and almost fell, but Fu Yangxi held her from the back.

However, in an atmosphere where the air was filled with stiff and hot factors, the two of them couldn't really be bothered anymore.

Fu Yangxi quickly released the hand holding her wrist. The tips of his ears were red. He turned to look away, not knowing where to put his eyes. Finally, his gaze landed on the ceiling. "The color of the ceiling is good."