Chapter 62

(Part 1)

Mingxi walked in and saw an old man in a vest and jacket, sitting cross-legged as he blew on the cup of tea in front of him intently. He looked like the old man who taught the Turtle Style in a Japanese manga.

Hearing footsteps, he raised his head and glanced at Mingxi.

That look was quite unfathomable.

"Zhao Mingxi? Come, take a seat."

There was a sense of an old man's majesty in his voice.

Mingxi hurriedly cheered herself up, walked over to sit down and carefully approached him. "Hello, Grandfather."

"Who's your grandfather?" The old man took a glance at her and sneered.

The wrinkles and ravines on his face were filled with dissatisfaction.

Mingxi: "..."

To be honest, it was really scary.

The mental preparation that Mingxi did before coming here suddenly collapsed.

Although this old man was dressed casually, he had the aura of a superior person which gave people a very strong sense of oppression. When he was staring at her, her shoulders felt as if 1000 kilos were stacked on them. A young girl such as Mingxi appeared really tender in front of him.

Mingxi lowered her head and thought to herself, oh no, is he going to dump money next?

How should I deal with it? Should I cry and say that I would rather die or take the money first, and then talk to Fu Yangxi when I get back?

Then she heard the old man say, "You can only call me Grandfather after you get married. Now you can only call me Grandpa Fu. You and Fu Yangxi are both ignorant of common etiquette!"

"..."

Mingxi: ??? Wait a minute? Get married?

—Who's getting married?

Married to who?

Isn't this progressing a little too fast?

The old man said again, "I haven't seen you before, but I have always been curious about you. When you came back from Tongcheng, Fu Yangxi climbed up the fake boulder and said that he liked you. He also said that if I dared to touch you, he would immediately jump off a building."

Mingxi couldn't help raising the corners of her lips. Turns out that at that time Fu Yangxi had already...

Before she had time to think about it, she heard the old man say a lot again, "I thought there was a hole in his head at the time that he got into an unrequited love. He simply didn't deserve to be part of the Fu family! I was so mad! Fortunately, he finally locked you down, otherwise where will my pride go?! Hey, I think I didn't lose to him back then. If I tried to pursue someone, the whole city would fall for me—"

As the old man spoke, he looked at the window and began to reminisce on his style in the past with a bit of pride between his eyebrows.

Mingxi: "..."

Wait, is there something wrong with the brain circuits of people with the surname Fu?

What about money? Is he not going to toss me a sum of cash?

The 90 million I imagined went to waste?

Half an hour later.

Mingxi was still listening to the old man's chatter with a blank face. She only hoped that Fu Yangxi would come to rescue her sooner.