Chapter 44

(Part 1)

When Shen Liyao came back, his face looked cold and silent like never before.

Yue Teng, his roommate, was eating barbecue with Ye Bai and two other people in the hotel room. When they heard the door opening, they all raised their heads. They saw Shen Liyao close the door silently, take off his coat and change out of his shoes. A shadow fell on him, making him seem dead.

Without saying a word, he went into the bathroom.

The other people in the room were stunned and the conversation came to an abrupt stop.

The faucet was unscrewed and the sound of cold water came from the bathroom.

Yue Teng was the first to notice the birthday cake box at Shen Liyao's feet— Yesterday, Shen Liyao inquired about choosing a cake. After asking a group of people's opinions, Shen Liyao did a data analysis and finally picked this shape.

However, it was lying there stiffly now, without being opened.

In addition, in the transparent crystal box next to him, Shen Liyao's red and blue pile of gold medals, which was like a stamp collection since childhood, was also not sent out.

The atmosphere was silent for five minutes.

After they gradually realized what happened.

The people in the room were so shocked that their jaws almost fell to the ground.

Yue Teng covered his mouth and whispered, "God Yao was rejected? How could this be? Or did he have something to do on the way and didn't go to Zhao Mingxi at all?"

Ye Bai hurriedly pushed him with his elbow. "Lower down your voice!"

Shen Liyao was obviously in a bad mood. His expression could even be considered gloomy.

Looking at this reaction, he really looked like he was rejected by Zhao Mingxi.

They all looked at each other and couldn't believe it. They just thought it could be included as one of the most surprising things this year.

Ye Bai didn't expect that his prediction would be wrong. In fact, no one would have thought of it! Forget the fact that Shen Liyao was suddenly given up by Zhao Mingxi. When he was determined to approach her, he was rejected repeatedly?!

Ye Bai swallowed nervously. He wiped his hands hurriedly, stood up and walked to the bathroom.

"Did something happen? Did you not see Zhao Mingxi or..."

"I saw her." Shen Liyao's voice was deep and hoarse. He held the sink with both hands and raised his head to look at himself in the mirror, water droplets still hanging on his chin.

There was nothing to deny.

His self-esteem was shattered long ago when Zhao Mingxi pulled Fu Yangxi away.

Shen Liyao's eyes were even a little dazed.

Ye Bai was stunned. He had never seen such a gaze on Shen Liyao, as if he seemed to have lost control completely.

Ye Bai was suddenly anxious. "Then why did it turn out like this? Was there any misunderstanding? You are so proactive, yet Zhao Mingxi is still angry? This doesn't make sense!"

Ye Bai glanced at the things that had been returned on the ground and analyzed, "Kong Jiaze and her colleagues are training in the hotel next door. Did Kong Jiaze come to us yesterday? Although you didn't go out to see Kong Jiaze, you were still caught by Zhao Mingxi, so she must have misunderstood— Is she jealous?!"