Chapter 46

Mingxi didn't know that when she went to celebrate her birthday with Fu Yangxi, He Yang and Dong Shen, the Zhao family had actually been here.

Regarding Mingxi's birthday, the Zhao family felt very complicated about it. They didn't know how they could get together with Zhao Mingxi and mend the cracks when they had broken up to this point— She should not be willing to celebrate her birthday with them now.

Therefore, on Mingxi's birthday, when the Zhao family ate in the morning, the air pressure on the dining table was very low.

Everyone knew that today was Zhao Mingxi's birthday, but looking at the empty spot on the table, everyone fell silent. They mechanically stirred the porridge in the bowl, not knowing what to say or what to do.

Zhao Yuning had stayed in the hotel for more than half a month and never went home. But because Zhao Yuan went to the training camp and she won't be back for another 10 days or so, he was still taken home by Zhao Zhanhuai, who had half threatened and half coaxed him back. It was impossible for the Zhao family to really let him, a 15 to 16 year old child, stay outside for a long time.

However, the first condition that Zhao Yuning made for agreeing to go home and live was to raise a stray cat he found near the hotel.

Zhao Yuan was allergic to cat hair and was prone to itching and eczema. Although Zhao Yuan's actions not long ago caused the loss in Zhao Zhanhuai's company, it was impossible for Madam Zhao, Zhao Zhanhuai and Mr Zhao to take Zhao Yuan's health lightly out of anger.

So Mr and Mrs Zhao discussed it in private and planned to agree to Zhao Yuning's request first. They would let him bring the cat back to keep it for around 10 days. When Zhao Yuan comes back, they will take advantage of his carelessness to send the cat away. Take it as a buffer strategy.

Zhao Yuning still didn't know that other people in the family were thinking of fooling him and thought they had really allowed him to keep a cat, so he excitedly took his friend to the pet shop and bought a cat litter box, cat litter, very high-end automatic drinking fountains and automatic feeding machines. Then, he set up a nest for his Xiao Mei on the third floor of the villa.

He had something to do for the past two days, so he stayed on the third floor of the villa and didn't come down.

When he was eating in the morning, he was covered with cat fur. He looked at the empty place opposite him, feeling suddenly lost. Now there were cats, but the person who kept the cats secretly with him was no longer there.

Zhao Mingxi will not pick up food for him nor will she play games with him in the middle of the night anymore.

Zhao Yuning felt lonely. In addition to losing an older sister, he also lost an important playmate.

Zhao Yuning suddenly counted the days, only to realize that Zhao Mingxi hadn't been home for more than two months. If converted into a year, then it was a quarter of a year. After so long, the family finally realized that Zhao Mingxi would never be back in a short period of time.

Even if Zhao Yuning didn't want to accept it, he could only admit this reality.

He kept a cat these few days, thinking that he could divert his attention and won't think about it again. However, he never expected that although Zhao Mingxi had only been here for two years, there were traces of her everywhere in the house— including the light blue cushion on her chair. Zhao Yuning saw that she was no longer sitting on her light blue cushion and there was no longer tableware placed in her seat. He felt very uncomfortable.

Zhao Yuning said nothing.

Madam Zhao had not been able to eat or sleep well recently. She seemed to have aged further and was not in the mood to speak.