Chapter 25

(Part 1)

When Mrs. Ye Bing entered the Evergreen Class with the exam papers, her lips were pressed tightly together, forming an ugly frown.

The whole of the Evergreen Class could feel how angry she was and how she was about to unleash that anger unto them.

When they heard her first sentence of, "Our overall results this time is not bad, there isn't much difference from before", they all let out a sigh of relief.

But in the next second, they all watched as she slammed the exam papers on the podium!

"But you have all done so badly in the Maths paper!"

"None of you scored full marks for it!"

"There are three people who scored full marks, including someone from the upstairs International Class. So why isn't there anyone from our class who got full marks?!"

"Is it because I'm a worse teacher than the other two Maths teachers?!"

Ye Bing was burning up on the inside. She could forget about the fact that she always lost to the Gold Medal Class' Mr. Jiang. After all, their class made up the School Representative Team, so it was normal for her to be unable to win against them.

However, this was the first time in a few years that she had been overtaken by the International Class' Mr. Lu!

When she recalled how back in the office, Lu Wangwei was smiling in absolute delight as he said to her, "all is fair in love and war", with his look of having obtained advantages yet choosing to put on an innocent farce, the fire in Ye Bing's heart raged stronger.

"That person from the International Class must have been very lucky," someone beneath the podium muttered.

That question was so difficult. It was hard for them to even understand it.

Not only was it beyond their syllabus, it was way beyond the scope of the Tournament.

They knew based on how Ye Bing said that only three people from their block managed to answer the question. Not even all six members from the School Representative Team managed to answer it— So how could someone from the International Class who always scored results lower than theirs be able to answer it?

No one took it to heart. It was just one question. In the end, they would still trump over the International Class' total marks.

Zhao Yuan wasn't bothered by it either. Although she didn't complete that question, she was still quite good in her other subjects, so her final ranking will not be too bad.

All in all, it was impossible for the only person from the International Class who scored full marks for the Maths paper to be Zhao Mingxi.

She continued to keep her head lowered, her eyes focused on the book. However, her mind was where the teachers were moving on to the next step of announcing the rankings.

The projector was turned on. Zhao Yuan was getting increasingly nervous. Although she did not seem like it, her hands which were unconsciously clenching the pages of the book were covered in sweat.

Pu Shuang who was sitting beside her whispered, "Don't be nervous. So long as you've performed as you normally did, you will be in the Top 20 amongst the three classes. Zhao Mingxi just transferred here from the Normal Class last month. She probably has yet to catch up with our syllabus, so how could she possibly compete against you?"

"I'm not nervous." Zhao Yuan shook her head and said, "I am certain that my results will be better than hers. I'm just afraid that—"

She was afraid that the gap between her results and Zhao Mingxi's will not be big.