~Chapter 25~

One of the longest chapters I've ever written coming right up!

CONNOR

Having woken up shortly after my conversation with Markus due to the noise, Y/n had insisted on coming with me to the CyberLife headquarters. Her connection with Hank made our plan that much more believable. Y/n had come up with the idea to pretend I was internally damaged and needed extra parts that Hank didn't have the energy to pick up.

 It was a brilliant idea and would help our situation if we somehow got cornered. While passing by the car, the security guard's suspicion was snuffed out when Y/n rolled down her back window, revealing a seemingly nonresponsive AX800 model. 

"He started randomly spazzing out the other day in the office and my father needs him repaired right away. He had something serious planned today so he asked me to take him here instead." She smiled, trying her best to persuade the guard with her seemingly true story. "I hope that's alright. It should only be a quick fix-up from what I've heard." Her charm seemed to be working as the guard signaled to the guards ahead to open the gate.

"Thank you so much, sir!" Y/n said rolled up the windows and sped off. While we entered, I played my part, allowing my LED to flash each color rapidly and attempting to imitate other defective androids I had seen before with a little shake to my joints as we made our way inside. Y/n played her part in pretending to stabilize me with one arm around my back and the other around my forearm, giving me directions to follow her as a clever ruse. Even in an unpredictable and possibly dangerous situation, I couldn't help but admire her intelligence and leaned into the pleasant feeling of her skin on mine and the whisper of her voice from beside me. 

More guards stood at the entrance and I felt Y/n let out a nervous sigh at the sight. I subtly rubbed my hand across her arm shifting positions slightly while entering.

She could do this I knew she could.

Y/N

"Follow me. We'll escort you." One guard tells us as we make our way toward the elevator on the other side of the enormous building. I had never seen such a large building filled with so many windows. Let alone a building this size on its own.

I made sure to hold Connor close as one of the guards' eyes began to wander toward Connor. 

"Would you like any help handling your android ma'am?" He asked somewhat politely. "No, I think I can manage. I appreciate it though." I faked a smile, feeling protective knowing his gun could put a bullet through Connor in seconds, and considered him nothing more than extra cargo. For those reasons, why on earth would I have accepted his offer? 

Upon reaching the elevator, two guards entered with Connor and me, one making sure to stand close to the control panel and the other close to the exit. One guard used his voice to activate the elevator; taking us higher than I had ever seen an elevator go before. If we weren't in such a serious situation, my stomach might have caught up with our surroundings. 

I watch as Connor deactivates the camera in the corner and wait for his signal. Once we make eye contact and he taps my arm, I process the signal immediately and duck into the corner. I hear delayed groans and two gunshots as I hide in the corner and only turn around once I feel Connor's comforting arms around me, pulling me from my position on the floor. He brings me into a quick hug, soothing me since I hadn't realized I was shaking. His right arm rubbed the length of my back and his left holstered his gun in its hiding spot. Now holding onto me with both hands, Connor kissed my head and cheek before passionately moving on my lips as he gently held the back of my head. I melted into the kiss, bringing both hands up to cup his face as he tightened his arms around me, not wanting to let go. We were lost in the moment for a while until Connor broke from the kiss and while maintaining eye contact, told the elevator to take us to the level we needed.