Chapter 4

I hope you enjoy this longer chapter! Thank you all for your support so far!

Love, Author

Y/n

     To be honest this situation was quite new to me. My father never spent any time caring about his relationship with me as his daughter, and that made our relationship when I was younger awkward.

     We only ever talked when it was necessary, and even then I was closer to my mom rather than my dad. Let me explain properly. Sixteen years ago, when Cole was still alive and my family had just moved into a new house, we had a neighbor named Carl.

     You see I was six at that time and I got myself into a lot of trouble back then.

     One day when the rest of my family was inside cleaning up, I was in the backyard playing with a cat that had accidentally fallen into our wide yard. But after a while of playing, the cat began to wander towards our neighbor's house.

     Being the mischievous little girl I was, I followed the cat all the way into the neighbor's front yard unaware of where I was.

     The cat ran up to the front door and went through the doggy flap, as I stopped in front of the door.

     I was told as a child not to go into people's houses unless they invited me inside. So like a good girl, I waited patiently and rang the doorbell of the huge mansion.
     After a while of waiting, a middle-aged man opened the door.

     "Well, what brings you here sweet heart?" He asked as I looked up to meet his eyes.

     "Um. Well. There was a fluffy cat, and he went through your small door here and went into your house." I stuttered out shyly pointing at the doggy door as I spoke.

     His face lit up into a large smile and he laughed a small laugh at my cuteness.

     "Oh, I see. Thank you for looking after him for me. Are you by any chance my new neighbor darling?" He asked bending down to my height.

     "Yeah. We moved into that house there....maybe a month ago?" I said pointing at my house as I spoke. "I think it was a month ago." I quietly whispered to myself, trying my best to remember correctly for the nice old man.

     He looked over at my house and smiled again, looking down at me.

     "And what is your name?" He asked meeting my eyes again. I smiled and put out my hand.

     "My name is Y/n," I said as he took my small hand into his larger hand and shook it saying

     "That's a beautiful name. My name is Carl. But you call me Uncle Carl alright girly?"

I nodded, a bright smile forming on my lips with the thought of a new Uncle.

     After meeting Uncle Carl, I began to sneak over to his house anytime I could.

     He would tell me stories about his life when he was my age and play the piano for me. And sometimes if I came over at just the right time, he would even let me paint with him.

     He felt like my father. I had never felt like Hank was my dad, but when I was with Carl I felt like I had a true father in those sweet moments spent with him.

     But Carl wasn't the only person I had a good relationship with at that time. I became good friends with his son Leo and whenever Carl was busy, I and Leo would play together.

     I and Leo became extra close after my brother Cole died from the surgery. At that time because of how young I was, I wasn't as fazed by Cole's death as my parents were.

     They were devastated.

     So incredibly devastated. 

     I just couldn't see it at the time.

     Hank began to drink more because of depression and that caused my mother to move away, Leaving me in my father's hands.

     Because of this, I snuck out to Carl's house more often and I would even sleep over at his house some nights to escape from Hank's drunk violence.

     After several years of the same process, I moved out away from Hank, when I was about sixteen years old. I was sad to leave Leo and Carl, and deep down in my heart I was sad to leave Hank too.

     But I felt like if I didn't move now, I would be stuck in Hank's possessive grasp forever. 

     I was confused.

     Why would my father come to see me after all this time?

     Hank broke the silence by clearing his throat.

     "It's been a long time Y/n." He said into the silence. I smiled to myself.

     "Yeah, it has been. So what brings you here all of a sudden?" I asked seeing Connor's gaze on me as I spoke.

     "Can't I come to see my daughter?" I was shocked by his response.

     "I'm not saying you can't come to see me. You can. It's just that I was expecting there was some kind of special reason since I don't see you much." I said trying to be kind through my words. Connor looked from me back to Hank and back again.

     "Did something happen between you two, Or am I mistaken?" Connor asked to us both. My eyes met Hank's and we said two different things at the same time. 

Hank's being, "Your mistaken." As I said "Just a misunderstanding." I could tell Connor didn't believe us but I shook it off.

     "Well, one of my fellow workers told me he saw you helping an android out of a fight today. The department gave me your address. I wanted to see you. Its been too long Y/n." He said contently. He paused but continued.

     "I'm sorry I wasn't a good father. And I want to make it up to you. If you would let me that is." He said.

     I felt happy he wanted to make up for all that time, and I felt as if I would cry.

     This was what I had been waiting for.

     "Yeah! Yes! I would love that." I said looking towards Connor for a split second.

     He was smiling just like the rest of us.

You guys are amazing!! I love you all and hope for the best for each and every one of you!!

Love, Author

-Disclaimer-

I do not own the video game Detroit Become Human. (As much as I would love to) This book is only a reproduction of inspiration.