Chapter 2

Hank

     Like any other day at work, more cases involving androids were coming through to our establishment. Most of the cases weren't all too important for our company to look into, but the few that were essential were assigned to Connor and myself. Although It's quite stressful to go on android cases while you're working with an android, to begin with, sometimes I wonder if he has any glint of humanity inside him.

     I paused mid-thought and blinked in amazement at what I said to myself.

     What the heck am I saying?! Connor, a human?

     I laughed for a moment and noticed I drew a certain someone to my attention without thinking.

     "Is there something wrong lieutenant?" A voice asked in front of me.

     Great.

     Welp, there goes my quiet time for the day.

     I looked up to see my investigation partner. He held a concerned gaze on me as he spoke, which was nothing new sadly. I straightened up in my seat, crossing my arms as I spoke, returning to my serious structure.

     "No. Nothing happened. Why do you ask?" I grunted out as Connor placed a tray down on the side of my desk.

     My gaze traveled to the tray in confusion.

     Why in the world would Connor have a tray stuffed full of coffee?

I looked at him puzzled and he seemed to notice.

     "I thought you would need a few rounds of coffee to prepare for our mission tonight. We need to be there by 1:00 AM sharp." He said turning around to grab an extra chair to sit on. He successfully brought the chair over and sat himself down continuing our conversation.

     "By the way, what were you laughing about just now? I was concerned something serious had happened. I have never seen you laugh like that." Connor replied crossing his left leg over his right, adding his hands folded neatly on top. 

     He looked so proper. Like the queen of England coming before his peasants.

    I could name many ways Connor resembled the queen of England. He can tell you everything you need to know about his country and anything else you can name.

     He's above all other classes of intelligence because of his compound brain.
     And he can punish anyone that comes in his way. Anyway, he wants. But that wasn't the reason why I feared him the smallest bit. I feared him because of his lack in humanity.

     "Lieutenant? Is there something wrong? Your heart rate is rising." Connor asked with concern in his voice as he spoke. I was about to answer when Bob entered the station doors. His bored eyes came to mine as he walked toward my desk. He seemed like he wanted to talk about something.

     Strange.

     He never talks about anything, so why the heck now? I decided to start up a conversation, in order to end Connor and my own awkward one.

     "Bob. So how was your shift today? Was it boring as usual?" I asked as Bob stopped to stand beside Connor, in front of me.

     "Actually, no. Surprising enough I ran into your daughter in the streets helping out an android." Bob chuckled for a bit surprised before continuing.

     "There was some rioting in the streets about androids taking our jobs when she swooped in to help the android from getting beat up." He paused, laughing a bit more. "Crazy right?"

     It wasn't surprising that Y/n broke up a fight. But the fact that she had the nerve to break into one between androids and rioters was dangerous and uncalled for! She could have gotten herself hurt or worse! 

     I stood up from my chair immediately with force, surprising Connor, and Bob. I made my way as fast as I could to the exit but didn't stop when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

     "Where are you going, Lieutenant? Don't forget about our mission."

     I ripped out of his grasp and continued my way to the door.

"Y/n is more important," I grunted back, my voice filled with anger.

Love you all!! I hope you all enjoyed the chapter!!

Love, Author

-Disclaimer-

The photo in this chapter does not belong to me. It belongs to its rightful owners and is only being used for the purpose of visual representation.

I do not own the video game Detroit Become Human. (As much as I would love to) This book is only a reproduction of inspiration.